FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? (/showthread.php?tid=62583)

Pages: 1 2

Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - JacafamalaRedux - 04-09-2013

Starting at 13:38

Our Lady of the Sand Sack? I thought that was interesting. You know, in times gone by they would see the Blessed Mother coming and going. The flowers were all named for her, such as lady slippers and lady's purse and lily of the valley, etc. I wish people thought of her more these days.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - Tim - 04-09-2013

Oh my, I like it.

tim

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - SCG - 04-09-2013

In the past, before TVs and computers and twitters and smartphones, our innocent eyes would see a little of the divine in nature. We saw it in shamrocks and flowers, star fish and sand dollars, robins and pelicans. We have become too busy. We have lost our vision. Julia Child and all cooks have an advantage as cooking takes a slow and leisurely tempo.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - JacafamalaRedux - 04-09-2013

(04-09-2013, 12:34 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: In the past, before TVs and computers and twitters and smartphones, our innocent eyes would see a little of the divine in nature. We saw it in shamrocks and flowers, star fish and sand dollars, robins and pelicans. We have become too busy. We have lost our vision. Julia Child and all cooks have an advantage as cooking takes a slow and leisurely tempo.

Truer words were ne'er spoken. So much of the time we aren't even where we are anymore....And yes, it's very good to work with our hands.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - DrBombay - 04-09-2013

That's a nice story.  I agree, we've lost a lot with our modern culture.

Is anyone else besides me creeped out by lobsters?  They remind me of giant red cockroaches.  I could never eat one.  But I'm odd.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - JacafamalaRedux - 04-09-2013

(04-09-2013, 08:25 PM)DrBombay Wrote: That's a nice story.  I agree, we've lost a lot with our modern culture.

Is anyone else besides me creeped out by lobsters?  They remind me of giant red cockroaches.  I could never eat one.  But I'm odd.

Unless I'd them tasted prior to seeing them, I'd be the same. But once you've tasted them, well, it's just like Julia says, "it's like nothing else".

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - Deidre - 04-10-2013

(04-09-2013, 08:25 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Is anyone else besides me creeped out by lobsters?  They remind me of giant red cockroaches.  I could never eat one.  But I'm odd.

Me. Lobsters, crabs, shrimp- basically anything that lives in the sea but has legs. Like giant insects, or spiders.  :pidey: It's the legs that get me, and the way that they sort of creep around.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - The Curt Jester - 04-10-2013

I've had lobster before.  It's not bad, but there are things that I like better, such as shrimp, fish, chicken, beef, pork, lamb and turkey.  Lobster, to me, is actually rather bland.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - cgraye - 04-11-2013

Lobsters are extremely creepy.  If by "creepy" you mean amazingly delicious.

Re: Fisherman's Lore: Madonna Of the Lobster? - DrBombay - 04-11-2013

(04-11-2013, 11:15 AM)cgraye Wrote: Lobsters are extremely creepy.  If by "creepy" you mean amazingly delicious.

That is in fact not what I meant at all, but thank you for playing.

Further, if Admiral Ackbar ate lobster, would that be cannibalism?