FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=64266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - tradgirl85 - 07-28-2013

The most nauseating spectacle so far out of WYD 2013.

All of the "excellencies" dancing around like pre-schoolers... there are no words.

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - Justin - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 06:52 PM)tradgirl85 Wrote: The most nauseating spectacle so far out of WYD 2013.

All of the "excellencies" dancing around like pre-schoolers... there are no words.

What a depressing first post. Welcome, by the way.  :)

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - tradgirl85 - 07-28-2013

Quote:What a depressing first post. Welcome, by the way.   :)

I know... I must confess that I was motivated to re-join this forum after several years away, because I needed to make contact with like-minded Catholics again! All the WYD nonsense I am seeing in the news has been really getting to me!  :Hmm:

I did post a "hello" in the other forum, too. :LOL:

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - bkovacs - 07-28-2013

I wonder if Cardinal Dolan was the lead dancer. Laughing, as he does,  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and getting into the "spirit of Vatican 2" for the whole world to see. :blush: :blush: Hey we can be just like the Pentecostals.  :O :O :O

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - 2Vermont - 07-28-2013

Once again, I can't see the video when I click on it.  In this case, it's probably just as well.

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - JCCMADD - 07-28-2013

The CHURCH of Vac II not only helps you lose your faith and also entertains..the dumb down catholic who think this is what going to church is entertainment. Because their n.o .mass is boring. They the Bishops can  not  help themself to make themself  look foolish.

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - Sant Anselmo - 07-28-2013

I saw this as well, and while I do find it annoying and frustrating, I am not going to get all up in arms about it either.  It didn't happen in the context of the Mass to my knowledge, or the Divine Office, so there are no teachings or rubrics governing such things.  We might argue about its prudence, but outside of Liturgical Prayer, its hard to argue much more than that.  There are plenty of things to get up in arms about that are much bigger deals than this from my perspective.  Others are, of course, free to disagree. 

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - tradgirl85 - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 07:36 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: I saw this as well, and while I do find it annoying and frustrating, I am not going to get all up in arms about it either.  It didn't happen in the context of the Mass to my knowledge, or the Divine Office, so there are no teachings or rubrics governing such things.  We might argue about its prudence, but outside of Liturgical Prayer, its hard to argue much more than that.  There are plenty of things to get up in arms about that are much bigger deals than this from my perspective.  Others are, of course, free to disagree. 

It was just the beginning a "warm up/practice run" for the full flash-mob for the pope which took place directly before Mass today. The bishops, cardinals, and priests... all danced with the youth: watch it here (if you can stomach it) http://www.romereports.com/palio/massive-flash-mob-performed-for-pope-francis-english-10691.html

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - Sant Anselmo - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 08:38 PM)tradgirl85 Wrote:
(07-28-2013, 07:36 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: I saw this as well, and while I do find it annoying and frustrating, I am not going to get all up in arms about it either.  It didn't happen in the context of the Mass to my knowledge, or the Divine Office, so there are no teachings or rubrics governing such things.  We might argue about its prudence, but outside of Liturgical Prayer, its hard to argue much more than that.  There are plenty of things to get up in arms about that are much bigger deals than this from my perspective.  Others are, of course, free to disagree. 

It was just the beginning a "warm up/practice run" for the full flash-mob for the pope which took place directly before Mass today. The bishops, cardinals, and priests... all danced with the youth: watch it here (if you can stomach it) http://www.romereports.com/palio/massive-flash-mob-performed-for-pope-francis-english-10691.html

Again, while I find it frustrating and annoying and definitely wish that it did not happen, as long as it did not happen within the context of the liturgy there is little fault to be found outside of a question of prudential judgement.  There are no rubrics which regulate that which happens outside of Mass, immediately before it or otherwise.  Please don't think I am condoning the actions, because I am not.  However, we cannot exactly accuse anyone of disobedience or liturgical abuse when there was no rule being broken or liturgy being abused. 

Re: Dancing bishops at World Youth Day 2013 - In nomine Patris - 07-28-2013

No harm done, except possible scandel to others who see it. "Wow did you see those bishops? The church is finally in the 21st century" Could you imagine St John Vianney, St Alphonus dancing along with the crowd?