FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
More Smack tonight Voris - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: More Smack tonight Voris (/showthread.php?tid=64858)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - Tim - 09-05-2013

(09-04-2013, 10:24 PM)mlwalker1972 Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 10:01 PM)Tim Wrote: He's challenging all the Professional Catholic writers and commenters to come forward and argue their stands.  I hope one of these guys has the you know what.

tim

I suspect that what Mr. Voris will get is a lot of silence. I hope I am wrong. It would be cool to see Voris on a show with Catholic Answers, or EWTN, or something like that.

-Martin

I hope EWTN would have him on, and whoever interviews him has a flash, and remembers Mother Angelica, and all her behind the scenes wars with these same Bishops, casts his fears away, and sails into the waters Mother Angelica sailed. If the guys at EWTN had half the courage as her, the TLM would be a daily event.
She called Cardinal Mahony out on heresy about the Eucharist. She got rid of Father Fox, because he caved to the party line on Fatima. She told the world the Vatican never gave the complete secret of Fatima, coast to coast. Imagine EWTN and their NCR paper turned to exposing the filth and crusading for Truth ! I'd faint.

tim

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - St. Pius of Trent - 09-05-2013

Just finished the show last night. Wow! Voris is spot on and inspiring.

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - Cleveland - 09-07-2013

Did Voris' video get any play on CA? I couldn't find anything. Maybe it was  posted by someone and then deleted??

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - Miriam_M - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 12:48 AM)Cleveland Wrote: Did Voris' video get any play on CA? I couldn't find anything. Maybe it was  posted by someone and then deleted??

Someone might have, in the thread entitled, "Why Do You Hate Michael Voris?"  But I'm not sure.  I just glanced at it briefly.

Thanks, Miriam. I just read that thread which linked to this old warning by CA's Jo Benedict, "Super Moderator", on Aug. 5th, 2010:

Re: No more Michael Voris threads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This [Aug. 2010 thread] is not a thread for resuming discussion of Michael Voris and RealCatholicTV.

If you have questions about why the action was taken, fine. But those who use it to continue to discuss Voris run the same risk of having their accounts closed as those who open new threads on the subject.

This was done because I have had to close three threads in two days, and the threads were themselves bickerfests. Opening new threads in defiance of the closures was the problem. At some point in the future, Voris and RealCatholicTV may again be allowed topics of discussion, but not until it is no longer an issue of forum members ignoring moderation.

END QUOTE

After some quick research, I found that, in effect, what she was saying was: "Don't discuss Voris on CA because ignorant members calumniate him and fights breakout."  Members at CA still must be walking on eggshells. No wonder they are hurting financially.

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - Unum Sint - 09-07-2013

I wonder if this was the "shaking things up" Pope Francis had in mind when he made that statement. Either way we sure are getting a lot of that lately.

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - Tim - 09-07-2013

Imagine Pope Francis, using Mr. Voris for a visitation of the USCCB !! Imagine the rats scurrying out from under the rubble.

tim

Re: More Smack tonight Voris - Meg - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 09:50 AM)Tim Wrote: Imagine Pope Francis, using Mr. Voris for a visitation of the USCCB !! Imagine the rats scurrying out from under the rubble.

tim

That I would like to see! But I doubt that the Pope sees a problem with the USCCB. But if he ever does, Voris would be the best person the go in and shine a light in the darkness, and get the Bishops to do their jobs (or at least teach them about the Catholic Faith, which is also much-needed).

(09-07-2013, 02:39 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: I wonder if this was the "shaking things up" Pope Francis had in mind when he made that statement. Either way we sure are getting a lot of that lately.

Voris thinks so, and I believe most Bishops are afraid it may be exactly what the Pope had in mind.