FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
They did what they were supposed to do - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: They did what they were supposed to do (/showthread.php?tid=64870)

They did what they were supposed to do - Poche - 09-05-2013

While clergy sex abuse victims have long accused the Archdiocese of Milwaukee of failing to report priests’ crimes to police, recently released records show that church officials often did go to authorities.

Yet few charges were filed, and even fewer priests served jail time when they were convicted. And, in at least three cases, no mention is made of police when a timely report might have allowed justice to be served.
The archdiocese released files on 42 priests in July as part of a deal with victims suing it for fraud in federal bankruptcy court. The 6,000 pages of documents provide the first detailed look at when the church reported crimes, the response from police and how cases were resolved.
Twenty-eight of the files mention reports to police or a prosecutor; nine do not. In the five remaining cases, either the victim didn’t want to involve police or the priest died before the allegations were made.
Going to authorities didn’t necessarily lead to convictions. Only nine men faced criminal charges, and of the seven who were convicted, just three served time behind bars. The others were sentenced to probation.
The biggest impediment to criminal charges was the statute of limitations. Before 1989, sexual assault victims had to report the crime within six years — even if they were very young children. The law has since been changed so there’s now no statute of limitations for first-degree sexual assault. Second-degree sexual assault of a child charges can be filed until the victim is 45.
A similar change earlier on would have allowed charges against as many as 13 more priests in Milwaukee.
The statute of limitations also may be why no reports were made in some cases. The nine files in which police are not mentioned include several in which victims reported abuse that had happened decades earlier.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/viewart/20130903/GPG0101/309030238/Abuse-records-show-Wisconsin-archdiocese-went-police

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - damooster - 09-05-2013

Hmm, I'm trying to find this on CNN, MSNBC, etc. but I don't see it anywhere...

I wonder why that is?

[sarcasm - off]

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - Tim - 09-05-2013

Partly because Archbishop Weakland is a homo-hero to those media outlets. He, in their minds, is a courageous crusader against the evil church.

tim

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - damooster - 09-05-2013

(09-05-2013, 10:07 AM)Tim Wrote: Partly because Archbishop Weakland is a homo-hero to those media outlets. He, in their minds, is a courageous crusader against the evil church.

tim

Tim, I just noticed that our pictures look eerily similar. Except for your big beard and my Asian blood...

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - Tim - 09-05-2013

(09-05-2013, 11:15 AM)damooster Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 10:07 AM)Tim Wrote: Partly because Archbishop Weakland is a homo-hero to those media outlets. He, in their minds, is a courageous crusader against the evil church.

tim

Tim, I just noticed that our pictures look eerily similar. Except for your big beard and my Asian blood...

I thought we were related too !

tim

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - christulsa123 - 09-05-2013

They have files on 42 potentially paedophilic priests in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee??

How many priests are there in that diocese?

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - christulsa123 - 09-05-2013

This is a very rough statistical look.  From the Diocese of Milwaukee website, there are approximately 200 parishes.  If each parish had an average of 2 priests (unlikely), and if 42 priests of the diocese are being accused of paedophilia (I realize some may have retired or died), then something like 14% of priests from that diocese are accused of paedophilia!  If there were less than 1 priest on average per parish, say for a total of 150 priests of the diocese (anybody know how many?), then 28% of Milwaukee priests are accused of paedophilia.  Of course you'd also have to factor in the numbers of accused priests who are not in charge of parishes.  If the majority of those cases are true, and the majority of the child victims are male, then perhaps as much as 25% (??) of priests from the Diocese of Milwaukee are homoseuxual!  Which begs the question, since the age of Archbishop Weakland, has the Diocese of Milwaukee been a hotbed for paedophilic and homosexual priests? and any other Satanic activities?

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - salus - 09-05-2013

Tim and Damooster , Fisheaters siamese twins  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re: They did what they were supposed to do - winoblue1 - 09-06-2013

(09-05-2013, 02:01 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: This is a very rough statistical look.  From the Diocese of Milwaukee website, there are approximately 200 parishes.  If each parish had an average of 2 priests (unlikely), and if 42 priests of the diocese are being accused of paedophilia (I realize some may have retired or died), then something like 14% of priests from that diocese are accused of paedophilia!  If there were less than 1 priest on average per parish, say for a total of 150 priests of the diocese (anybody know how many?), then 28% of Milwaukee priests are accused of paedophilia.  Of course you'd also have to factor in the numbers of accused priests who are not in charge of parishes.  If the majority of those cases are true, and the majority of the child victims are male, then perhaps as much as 25% (??) of priests from the Diocese of Milwaukee are homoseuxual!  Which begs the question, since the age of Archbishop Weakland, has the Diocese of Milwaukee been a hotbed for paedophilic and homosexual priests? and any other Satanic activities?

I think that you also have to include the number of years involved to get an accurate statistic of the number of priests serving in that area. If for example there were 42 priests accusted over a 20 year period, this would increase the total number of individual priests significantly thus decreasing your 25% rate to a much lower number.