FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight (/showthread.php?tid=65530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - austenbosten - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 12:13 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: Can you not pray that (I don't know whether you American trads consider him a good candidate or not, so it's just an example) Rick Santorum may smite Nancy Pelosi so that she won't be so triumphant in her rejection of Catholicism?

Did Mark Shea reject Catholicism or openly declared a heretical statement like Bela Pelosi? I think not.  :eyeroll:

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - PolishTrad - 10-08-2013

I knew I shouldn't write 'rejection of Catholicism'. Okay, in her rejection of very important elements of Catholicism (being pro-life). So is this Mark Shea rejecting a very important element of Catholicism (from pope Benedict's perspective: the equivalence of NO and VO).

(10-08-2013, 02:27 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: I knew I shouldn't write 'rejection of Catholicism'. Okay, in her rejection of very important elements of Catholicism (being pro-life). So is this Mark Shea rejecting a very important element of Catholicism (from pope Benedict's perspective: the equivalence of NO and VO).

Seriously? So because Shea prefers the NO to the VO....that makes him comparable to a baby-murdering, sodomite-loving advocate?

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - PolishTrad - 10-08-2013

Disclaimer: today is the first time that I've ever heard of Mark Shea. I know him inasmuch as he is presented by other posters who quoted his statements.

Consider this: if you thought that 2+2=5 and I thought that 2+2=300, would that mean that you don't have to be corrected? Would you be comparable to me? Yes and no. I believe Vox does not mean that Michael Voris should shout at Mark Shea and be unkind to him. You can destroy someone in a discussion by merely presenting your points. You can whisper and this will be achieved anyway. Did Paul not rebuke Peter because the latter was wrong? Did he not do it in public?

And from what I understand, Shea does not merely prefer NO to VO. He said, 'Liturgy you focus on is liturgy that's not doing its job, which is to refer us to God, not to itself.'

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - VoxClamantis - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 11:27 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Is this charitable, is this Catholic??   >:(

Praying to God that Voris smite Shea in the debate? I may be a huge Voris fan, but Shea is our Catholic brother whether you agree with him or not. He is out there and is trying to do his best to spread the Gospel. Sure it may not be to all of our liking, but he certainly isn't spouting heresy and he's not against the Church.

I will pray that both men learn from this experience and learn from each other and grow in Holiness together through the same Christ our Lord.

Shame on all of you who rejoice at the suffering of a fellow Catholic brother.

I didn't say anything about anyone "smiting" anyone. I said "smear," as in "win very soundly." And though I appreciate Shea's taking on the warmongers of the Church, I know that he has severely slandered Michael Voris, and has a big issue with traditional Catholicism.  I want Voris to win -- and to do so very soundly. It's a debate; someone is going to win. I want it to be Voris,

I also don't think it's Mr. Voris who's prone to hyperbole -- at least not relative to Mr. Shea. It's not even a close competition there.

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - Clare Brigid - 10-08-2013

I want Voris to kick his ass.

Is that okay?  :Hmm:

I also would like to see Voris win, but to go to an extent of praying for it...I mean this is the "A-team vs. B-team" mentality that we're always branded with and made out to be the dividers in the Church, instead of the other way around.

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - Basilios - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 03:28 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I also would like to see Voris win, but to go to an extent of praying for it...I mean this is the "A-team vs. B-team" mentality that we're always branded with and made out to be the dividers in the Church, instead of the other way around.

It's a debate...?

Do you support a sports team?

This is more important than sports. Good grief.

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - VoxClamantis - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 03:21 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: I want Voris to kick his ass.

Is that okay?   :Hmm:

Knowing that's a metaphor, yes. It's MOST OK :P

Re: Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight - Roger the Shrubber - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 01:09 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 12:13 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: Can you not pray that (I don't know whether you American trads consider him a good candidate or not, so it's just an example) Rick Santorum may smite Nancy Pelosi so that she won't be so triumphant in her rejection of Catholicism?

Did Mark Shea reject Catholicism or openly declared a heretical statement like Bela Pelosi? I think not.  :eyeroll:

Shea spends more time attacking "bedwetting reactionaries" (his term for folks like Vox) than any other group in the world.  He might claim to love the Church of our ancestors, but he has an utter disdain for her traditions. He considers then totally irrelevant. He also refuses to acknowledges any problems in the Church -- besides meanie trads of course. He also acts like every word that falls from the mouth of the Holy Father is the direct will of the Holy Spirit. He as practically appointed himself the #1 "orthodox" enemy of both trads and the "reform of the reform" folks.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markshea/2013/09/bed-wetting-reactionary-wusses.html

Shea Wrote:I’m coming to think that the principal reason Reactionaries loathe Francis (as they loathed John Paul II and loathe the Council and loathe what the Church calls the *Ordinary* Form of the Mass) is that Reactionaries loathe the Church’s missionary imperative.  Not Traditionalists, mind you–Reactionaries.  What ties everything in Reactionary culture together better than any other theory I’ve been able to come up with is that it’s not that Reactionaries think the Church is evangelizing wrong and want to do it better.  It’s that they hate the whole idea of bringing new people into the Church at all (except for a vanishingly small sample of like-minded Reactionaries) and seem to be bent on making sure as few are allowed in and as many are driven away as possible.

Also, say anything bad about any bishop or anything that has happened since VII and it's "anathema sit."

if you're think as these men
[Image: hildebrand-1.gif]
[Image: jrrtolkien.jpg]
[Image: fessio12.png]
you're not thinking with the mind of the Church -- according to Shea.

But if you have no problems with
[Image: l.jpg]
[Image: 001kgpab.jpg]
or
[Image: 12_03_26_3_days_darkness_01.jpg]
then you have a strong Sensus Catholicus.
:eyeroll: