FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA (/showthread.php?tid=66223)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - JoniCath - 11-23-2013

(11-18-2013, 06:38 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: Wow, that is some movie theater!

Looks like an Opera House to me. Is it Clare.......or was it once?? Beautiful.

Re: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - Clare Brigid - 11-23-2013

I have just returned home from the Philadelphia area showing of Archbishop Lefebvre:  A Documentary, which was presented by Fr. Kevin Robinson of St. Jude's Chapel, the SSPX chapel in Eddystone, PA.

The film is excellent.  It truly covers Archbishop Lefebvre's entire life, but is by no means tedious.  Many different kinds of people are interviewed, from his siblings to African women to his former chauffeur to fellow priests to Bishop Tissier de Mallerais.  A beautiful, faithful life emerges, culminating in what is almost a logical terminus:  the founding of the Society of St. Pius X, the episcopal consecrations and a holy death.  The film provides ample context and a good rationale for the continuation of the Society's work.

I was fortunate to have been able to purchase the documentary DVD.

I am grateful for Archbishop Lefebvre and certainly believe him to have demonstrated heroic virtue and sanctity to the end of his life.

I was glad to spend time with my friends in the Society, who were there in force.  The theater was not packed, but the documentary was well attended.  Fr. Robinson told us afterward, before he gave us his blessing, that the film receipts had covered the costs of renting the theater.

Please consider purchasing the DVD from Angelus Press, for yourselves and for others.

Pax.

Re: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - Clare Brigid - 11-23-2013

(11-23-2013, 12:04 PM)JoniCath Wrote: Looks like an Opera House to me. Is it Clare.......or was it once?? Beautiful.

Joni, having been there today, I must say that it has to be an old picture.  The theater is divided in two now.  There are no balcony seats to be seen!  I don't know whether it was an opera house, but the old photo does look like one.

Oh, and the split theater reminds me of something amusing.  The film playing on the other side today was titled, "All is Lost."  I told my friends that this must have been the sedevacantist feature.   :LOL:

Re: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - christulsa123 - 11-23-2013

Clare, several questions if I may.

1. Were there any people there not from the local SSPX chapel?

2. Perhaps priests or religious from the diocese?

3. Was this movie advertised to the public or diocese?

4. How much theatrical appeal do you think the movie had, in terms of drama, storyline, cinematography, soundtrack, etc?

5. Would you be able to estimate how much it cost to rent the theater?

Good job FE Correspondent Clare.

(11-23-2013, 05:12 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Clare, several questions if I may.

1. Were there any people there not from the local SSPX chapel?

There were many people whom I did not recognize, but I have not attended St. Jude's since last December.
Quote:2. Perhaps priests or religious from the diocese?

I did not see any clergy or religious besides Fr. Robinson.
Quote:3. Was this movie advertised to the public or diocese?

I don't know.
Quote:4. How much theatrical appeal do you think the movie had, in terms of drama, storyline, cinematography, soundtrack, etc?

It was very well made.  Definitely professional.  The soundtrack is lovely, a mix of original composition and classical composers.  There is not much to evaluate in the way of cinematography because, aside from the interviews, there are only still shots and old footage.
Quote:5. Would you be able to estimate how much it cost to rent the theater?

No.
Quote:Good job FE Correspondent Clare.

Thank you.  It has been a wonderful day.

Re: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - christulsa123 - 11-23-2013

Interesting.  Lookin forward to the DVD.  Our pastor ordered one for each household at our chapel, all paid for!

Hmm, I dont think its much to rent a theater at the local cinema. Then maybe send an advertisement to each parish in the diocese. It could be tricky, but well worth the effort.

Re: Archbishop Lefebvre documentary showing November 23rd in Bryn Mawr, PA - Doce Me - 11-23-2013

I ordered the film in advance.  My chapel is showing it, half one Sunday, half the next - starting last week. Unfortunately I have been unable to make it, but I am really looking forward to watching the DVD.

Chris, what do you know about renting a theater at a cinema?  How much would it cost?  My chapel is extremely small and extremely poor, but doing something like that might make those in our area more aware of the SSPX (and our chapel).  But how do you get other parishes to do anything other than throw the advertisement away?  (We've tried advertising our chapel in the paper, with no impact (although because of cost we gave up early))