FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters (/showthread.php?tid=66471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 11-23-2013

I am asking for men who are in seminary or who've already been ordained, and who came to Tradition (or to Catholicism itself) via FishEaters to do me the GREAT favor of contacting me.  My reason is totally selfish, but it'd help me a lot. It goes like this:

I was PMing someone today who's in seminary now and who came to Tradition because of FE. I thought back to all the men over the years who have that same sort of story -- men who were either not Catholic and became Catholic because of FE, or who were Catholic but became traditionalists because of FE, and then went on to become priests or are seminarians now, with the plan of becoming priests soon enough.

I wrote to this person in PM:

Quote: ... when I think about the site and all the work and the annoyances, I think of "my" priests and KNOW it's all worth it! You have no idea what knowing that men like you are out there does for me emotionally...  It makes me feel like a "godmother," or kind of like a woman who's been blessed to have a son who grows up to be a priest. I'm sure it's not totally the same, but it's kinda-sorta the same for me on an emotional level, and it just makes me so happy I can't tell you. God BLESS you men!

If you are such a man, and if you don't mind, I'd love -- very, very MUCH love -- to have your real names, addresses, your birthdates, ordination dates when applicable, a brief write-up of your stories, and, if you would, over the years, little updates now and then about where you're working. Having a picture of you would make it all even more wonderful! I'd love to be one of those people in your lives who gets notified when you change addresses, etc.

That information is for ME alone and won't be shared with ANYONE outside of my immediate family or very close, personal friends I trust completely (though if you'd care to write a second version of your story, with personal info edited out, that I could use to publicly  buttress the site, I'd be very grateful for that, too! Just make sure I know which is what!) I want this information solely for my benefit, so when I'm an old (well, older :P ) woman, I can look at them and know I did something right in the world.

Emailing me is one way of getting these stories to me. My address:  Tracy@FishEaters.com

Snail mail, with a "real" letter is way cooler (I'm one of those "scrapbooky" types): 

Tracy
736 North Bosart Avenue
Indianapolis, IN  46201

Truly, every time I've heard such a story over the years, I am soooo filled with gratitude, and so HAPPY. I'd love to have the names and faces and stories of you guys all in one place, just for my personal satisfaction. I do consider you "my" priests in a way, like I am your "godmother" in a sense. I'd love to know how to contact you all so I can remember your birthdays and send you Christmas cards and little things like that. Does this make sense to you? If so, make an old woman happy, will you?

Thanks for even considering it, men!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 11-23-2013

P.S. I know that lots of seminarians aren't in the position to email or use the internet a lot, so if you know of such a seminarian and can get this request to him so he could snail-mail me, I'd be so very grateful! Thank you!!!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - ArturoOrtiz - 11-25-2013

I myself am discerning the religious life (most likely as a Norbertine)

When I and if I join the seminary I will definitely do this :)

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 11-26-2013

(11-25-2013, 06:25 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: I myself am discerning the religious life (most likely as a Norbertine)

You came to Tradition because of FE, Arturo? 

Gosh, if you did and you do go on to seminary, then "my" priest count is getting crazy! And if that is the case, please, please do that for me! I'd so appreciate it! I want to make a little scrapbook of "my" priests... Something I can look at and make myself feel good, like I've helped to something truly important in the world. I'd LOVE it if all "my" priests and soon-to-be priests would write to me and let me know what's up with them, their birthdays, ordination dates, about their seminaries and where they're working and -- any little thing they'd care to tell me, etc. -- with a pic, if possible! In CASSOCK! :P  That scrapbook would be one of my GREATEST treasures -- one of those things I'd want to grab first if my house were to catch on fire, ya know? 

Sigh.. I so wish I could round up each and every one I've heard about over the years... I SO wish I'd asked each man to do this as soon as I heard about him going to seminary... DOH!

ETA:  BTW, I was named after a priest -- Father Tracy (that was his last name). Maybe men becoming priests because of this website is my destiny! LOL LOL

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - ArturoOrtiz - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 04:38 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(11-25-2013, 06:25 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: I myself am discerning the religious life (most likely as a Norbertine)

You came to Tradition because of FE, Arturo? 

Gosh, if you did and you do go on to seminary, then "my" priest count is getting crazy! And if that is the case, please, please do that for me! I'd so appreciate it! I want to make a little scrapbook of "my" priests... Something I can look at and make myself feel good, like I've helped to something truly important in the world. I'd LOVE it if all "my" priests and soon-to-be priests would write to me and let me know what's up with them, their birthdays, ordination dates, about their seminaries and where they're working and -- any little thing they'd care to tell me, etc. -- with a pic, if possible! In CASSOCK! :P  That scrapbook would be one of my GREATEST treasures -- one of those things I'd want to grab first if my house were to catch on fire, ya know? 

Sigh.. I so wish I could round up each and every one I've heard about over the years... I SO wish I'd asked each man to do this as soon as I heard about him going to seminary... DOH!

ETA:  BTW, I was named after a priest -- Father Tracy (that was his last name). Maybe men becoming priests because of this website is my destiny! LOL LOL

Yes I came to tradition through FishEaters :)

When I go on to seminary and thus to the priesthood (If that is God's plan for me) then I will definitely do this

That is also awesome that you were named after a priest. That is probably why you know so much about the faith. He is interceding for you.

I wish I was named after a priest or even saint for that matter

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - loggats - 11-26-2013

Always nice to hear that others have been so positively influenced by this place. You've done an amazing job here Vox - I hope there are a lot more vocations (priestly, religious and to married life) born out of FE.

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 11-28-2013

(11-26-2013, 05:46 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: Yes I came to tradition through FishEaters :)

When I go on to seminary and thus to the priesthood (If that is God's plan for me) then I will definitely do this

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Really, you have no idea what that'd mean to me. Like I said, a little scrapbook of "my" priests would be one of my greatest treasures of my entire life! I imagine it giving me a lot of comfort in old age (er, older age), when I'm all frail and more alone and wondering if I did anything good for the world... Truly. I'd be extremely grateful to you for doing that!  And to any other of "my" seminarians or priests out there reading this, the same applies! As much as you'd care to send me about yourself, I'd love to receive, and I promise you, it'd all be deeply treasured for the rest of my life (well, barring Alzheimers, etc., God forbid!)  I SO hope all "my" priests whom I've heard about through the years see this thread and grant me this favor!

-- and I hope no one takes offense at my referring to you all as "my" priests -- but that is how I feel. Like I said earlier, I feel how I imagine a mother must feel when she has a son who gets ordained. I feel like y'all's "Virtual Godmother" and am so blown away and grateful and humbled at being allowed to play even a little part in your priestly journeys that words fail me (something that rarely happens LOL)

(11-26-2013, 05:46 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: That is also awesome that you were named after a priest. That is probably why you know so much about the faith. He is interceding for you.

I wish I was named after a priest or even saint for that matter

I wish it had been a priest that was a friend of the family or something, but alas, it was a matter of my Mom's having seen his name in "The Criterion," the local Catholic newspaper and just liking the way it sounded. But still, I love that I'm named after a priest!

I think if I were a man and young, I'd definitely consider the seminary. I can't imagine a more fulfilling way of spending one's life -- making the Sacraments happen (I mean, "absolving sins" --- hello??!), bringing CHRIST to the altar and placing Him into peoples' spiritually hungry mouths,*** being able to help people in their most vulnerable moments, being able to give sermons that can change lives and save souls, being in the position to touch the lives of hundreds and hundreds of people in your parish --- wow!

Yes, I most definitely love priests and appreciate all they do (well, not "all" they do, given that there are some rotten apples out there! But a good priest? Nothing is more beautiful!) God bless all our priests, and God protect them from the slander that goes on, the vitriol thrown at them because of those relatively few rotten apples who are the only priests, along with the "Fr. McBriens" of the world, that the media focus on. How our priests are treated by the secular world infuriates and almost literally nauseates me. These men, who give SO MUCH and get so little in return deserve our undying gratitude and respect. And even those few rotten apples have a mark on their souls that will last for all eternity (which isn't to say, of course, that they don't need to get tossed out of the apple barrel LOL)

OK, I've yammered on long enough. I just wanted to thank you for being kind to me about my request, and to let you and all "my" other seminarians and priests know how much you mean to me.

***  I remember asking an FSSP priest if all the communicants lined up at the altar rail reminded him of baby birds, there with mouths agape, waiting for Food to be dropped in LOL  I think his answer was along the lines of "Hmmm, well, now that I think of it...!"

Priests:
[Image: priestasmamabird.jpg]

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 11-28-2013

(11-26-2013, 06:48 PM)loggats Wrote: Always nice to hear that others have been so positively influenced by this place. You've done an amazing job here Vox - I hope there are a lot more vocations (priestly, religious and to married life) born out of FE.

:)  Thanks, Loggats... I love all the stories I get from people in email -- folks who became Catholic because of FE, folks who became trad because of it -- but the stories about the men who are becoming priests or have become priests are the ones that make me feel the most "high"! To think of all the people they will end up touching and serving, all the souls they will be helping to save -- it's like getting to be a little nothing pebble that, when tossed into a lake, causes big ripples that go outward and outward, in giant circles. Praise God! Thank You, Jesus!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - voltape - 11-29-2013

(11-23-2013, 03:15 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: P.S. I know that lots of seminarians aren't in the position to email or use the internet a lot, so if you know of such a seminarian and can get this request to him so he could snail-mail me, I'd be so very grateful! Thank you!!!
This is a grand job you are doing, Tracy.  I did not know you had such influence on prospective priests.  Heaertfelt congratulations.  Keep on the good job!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - Philosoraptor - 12-03-2013

Consider it done! (well, after I deal with finals...) :P