FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters (/showthread.php?tid=66471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 12-06-2013

(12-03-2013, 06:18 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: Consider it done! (well, after I deal with finals...) :P

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  Thanks so MUCH, Philosoraptor! Really, you guys have no idea what this means to me. Aside from knowing I have "a high IQ" (woo -- and which IQ could get knocked out by one little blood clot in the wrong place -- and strokes run in my family), I'm one of those low self-esteem types, so any reminder I can get that I'm doing SOMETHING good -- it just means a lot to me emotionally. That's why I save the emails I get from folks who get something from FE (I call those my "Love Letters" LOL). I thank you for even being willing to send me a little "about you" packet! 

-- But yes, please, don't even think about this 'til FINALS are over! And good "luck" with those (as it were :P )!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - tradfromindiana - 01-07-2014

Well.. as I am new here and I see this thread, I must say that through the generosity of Vox, with FE I became Catholic and a trad. I am young, yes, still discerning. Also, I am the only Catholic in my family. I must say that through FE I have become open to my vocation and I believe that my vocation is that of being an FSSP priest. So, if I enter the seminary up there in Nebraska some time in the near future I would love to do so and write a short biography but, as I am still a student :(( please pray for my discernment and the conversion of my family. Mucho gracias :)

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 01-09-2014

(01-07-2014, 01:41 AM)tradfromindiana Wrote: Well.. as I am new here and I see this thread, I must say that through the generosity of Vox, with FE I became Catholic and a trad. I am young, yes, still discerning. Also, I am the only Catholic in my family. I must say that through FE I have become open to my vocation and I believe that my vocation is that of being an FSSP priest. So, if I enter the seminary up there in Nebraska some time in the near future I would love to do so and write a short biography but, as I am still a student :(( please pray for my discernment and the conversion of my family. Mucho gracias :)

Yay! I didn't realize you posted in this thread... nice! Thanks for doing that :)

I pray that whatever God's will is for you, that you go with it and fulfill it the best you can!  If it turns out that you do have a priestly vocation, yes, please write to me and tell me everything you care to share!

The priest/potential priest count keeps climbing!  A true and profound blessing!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - LuxMichaelisCSP - 03-13-2014

(11-25-2013, 06:25 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: I myself am discerning the religious life (most likely as a Norbertine)

When I and if I join the seminary I will definitely do this :)

Ah, the Norbertines! I had the honor of serving at the altar with a young man who's now at St. Michael's in California. Great order!  :grin: I'll add your discernment to my rosary.

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - ArturoOrtiz - 03-21-2014

(03-13-2014, 05:07 PM)LuxMichaelisCSP Wrote:
(11-25-2013, 06:25 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: I myself am discerning the religious life (most likely as a Norbertine)

When I and if I join the seminary I will definitely do this :)

Ah, the Norbertines! I had the honor of serving at the altar with a young man who's now at St. Michael's in California. Great order!  :grin: I'll add your discernment to my rosary.

Thanks a whole lot really appreciate it :)

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - Prester John - 04-05-2014

(11-26-2013, 04:38 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: ... BTW, I was named after a priest -- Father Tracy (that was his last name)....

I never knew this. Was he one of our parish priests? I always thought mom named you after that detective fellow with the television watch! If I had known you were named after a priest, I would not have chased you around the house with an axe when you were little. lol

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 04-06-2014

(04-05-2014, 10:04 PM)Prester John Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 04:38 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: ... BTW, I was named after a priest -- Father Tracy (that was his last name)....

I never knew this. Was he one of our parish priests? I always thought mom named you after that detective fellow with the television watch! If I had known you were named after a priest, I would not have chased you around the house with an axe when you were little. lol

Teehee  Nope, not one of our parish priests (there was little Catholicism in the family by the time I came around, alas), but a priest Mom read about in the local diocesan newspaper (I think I tracked him down and he was from Michigan. "Tracy" was his last name -- Fr. Tracy. -- Oh, that's in the original post. Sorry.).

But don't regret having chased me around with an axe! I use that story, along with a few others, to explain why I'm so "touched in the head" now! Actually, I blame it on your sneaking out of the room, leaving me alone in the dark when we were watching scary movies. And that clever use of H2O2 to make yourself a frothing-at-the-mouth werewolf and chasing us around. And that dead "corpse" you made and left in the basement for us to find! You're my excuse for being nuts, John! :P (totally kidding, of course!)

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - Prester John - 04-06-2014

(04-06-2014, 05:34 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: But don't regret having chased me around with an axe! I use that story, along with a few others, to explain why I'm so "touched in the head" now! Actually, I blame it on your sneaking out of the room, leaving me alone in the dark when we were watching scary movies. And that clever use of H2O2 to make yourself a frothing-at-the-mouth werewolf and chasing us around. And that dead "corpse" you made and left in the basement for us to find! You're my excuse for being nuts, John! :P (totally kidding, of course!)

Boy, weren't those some swell times!  All done with mischief aforethought, to help build your character, of course. But you paid me back by reverting me to the Catholic faith! lol

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - VoxClamantis - 04-06-2014

(04-06-2014, 08:54 PM)Prester John Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 05:34 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: But don't regret having chased me around with an axe! I use that story, along with a few others, to explain why I'm so "touched in the head" now! Actually, I blame it on your sneaking out of the room, leaving me alone in the dark when we were watching scary movies. And that clever use of H2O2 to make yourself a frothing-at-the-mouth werewolf and chasing us around. And that dead "corpse" you made and left in the basement for us to find! You're my excuse for being nuts, John! :P (totally kidding, of course!)

Boy, weren't those some swell times!  All done with mischief aforethought, to help build your character, of course. But you paid me back by reverting me to the Catholic faith! lol

Actually, they WERE some swell times. I think of my childhood as being almost always HAPPY. I dream about the house we grew up in -- pretty frequently. Even though it's not even CLOSE to my favorite style of house (bleh! I remember being bummed out about that even when I was a little kid, like "Where's the wood floors and ceiling molding and the "French" windows and stuff?!), it's a sort of "sacred" (as it were) place on a subjective level. I'd love to own that house and do things up like it was when we were growing up in it -- orange and avocado Brady Bunch kitchen and all (I hated it even then! But I look back fondly!) -- and have a big sibling + their families reunion in it...

Anyway, as to that last: that weren't me, Johannes; that was the Holy Ghost :P  BUT, even if I were responsible, I'm sensing an imbalance here, man. Getting chased around by a brother with his mouth filled with hydrogen peroxide in no way compares to being led back to the Church! If I were responsible, you'd owe me! LOL $tens and $twenties, please!

Re: Plea to Priests/Seminarians Who Came to Tradition via FishEaters - HammerOfHeretics - 06-22-2014

I am entering the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. I know they aren't a "traditional" group in sense of FSSP or ICK but the young men entering are most definitely on the traditional side of the spectrum. I will be a Postulant starting Aug. 23rd in Brooklyn.