FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Vladimir Putin - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Vladimir Putin (/showthread.php?tid=66963)

Pages: 1 2

Vladimir Putin - Dmorgan - 12-24-2013

Regardless of your feelings towards him, and not disputing that he may just be leveraging for his own benefit, do you not wish some of our leaders would say something similar?

"“Russia is a country with deep and ancient culture, and without relying on the traditional values of society it has been degrading, so we need to go back to them and based on them to move forward ... Our job is to protect the population from the so-called quasi-values by the aggressive behavior of some social groups that impose their own culture, and who live how they want to, and are not easily accepted by our citizens,” said Putin, answering on a question from CNN."

http://www.christiantelegraph.com/issue22087.html

Re: Vladimir Putin - Tim - 12-24-2013

Being trained like Pavlov's dogs I'm wary of Russians, but more and more I think this guy is trying to do right.

tim

Re: Vladimir Putin - bsroufek - 12-24-2013

These things are good, and I even wrote Putin to ask for his prayers for America.

But, his recent threat and moves about nukes and saying, "we will respond with nukes"
pretty much turns me off.  No Christian, IMO, can in good conscience "nuke"
anybody.

Even if you're being attacked, overrun or even being nuked yourself, no Christian
can nuke anyone, especiallly in retaliation.

This just denies his claim that, "Russia is the moral compass of the world."  As the
Church teaches, you can be right in almost everything and lead a good Christian life,
but some things are so intrinsically evil that they destroy your soul by doing them.

Re: Vladimir Putin - Maldon - 12-24-2013

No need to feel apologetic about praising Putin's words. They are excellent words, period, and western leaders would do well to follow.

Re: Vladimir Putin - jonbhorton - 12-24-2013

I do not trust him.

Re: Vladimir Putin - Farmer88 - 12-24-2013

(12-24-2013, 03:54 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: I do not trust him.

Why not?

Re: Vladimir Putin - salus - 12-25-2013

If you can trust our President why not Putin?

Re: Vladimir Putin - jonbhorton - 12-25-2013

(12-24-2013, 08:50 PM)Farmer88 Wrote:

Why not?

Because he's a former KGB operative who is very, very cunning and has made his life's work in politics. Why on earth should I trust a spook who then segues into public "service"? He has done nothing his entire life but work in the machine. 

Salus- I don't trust Obama either.

Re: Vladimir Putin - austenbosten - 12-25-2013

(12-25-2013, 02:09 AM)jonbhorton Wrote:
(12-24-2013, 08:50 PM)Farmer88 Wrote:

Why not?

Because he's a former KGB operative who is very, very cunning and has made his life's work in politics. Why on earth should I trust a spook who then segues into public "service"? He has done nothing his entire life but work in the machine. 

Salus- I don't trust Obama either.

Can you name any great politician who wasn't very cunning and had a life in politics.

and please don't mention the Founding Fathers, many of them were life-long politicians and all were revolutionaries.

Re: Vladimir Putin - Dom Hamberg - 12-25-2013

Which is all good reasons to distrust not only Putin but also Osama and politicians in general.

I understand how people might like Putin, he says many of the right things, at least for the moment, while almost all western politicians have dropped the charade of having any Christian bones in their bodies. At least they are honest about that ...

Much of Putin's rhetoric is
1 playing to the domestic audience
2 building up a 'Potemkin' front or image of Russia to the outside.

He is shrewd yes, but as a friend of mine insists; anyone who is mad enough to have his face cut open, have the pieces rearranged and pasted back together just in order to improve his looks has to be crazy. Putin has -I hear- had that done a couple of times. It might not be conclusive evidence but it should set the alarms ringing.