FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Tim Has Died - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Oratory: Prayer Requests (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Tim Has Died (/showthread.php?tid=68156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Re: Tim Has Died - spikenard - 03-22-2014

My mistake. I reread the original post and realized he died on the eve of St. Benedict's feast day. Maybe St. Benedict wanted him up there on his big day? I can't imagine why not....what a beautiful soul he was!

Re: Tim Has Died - VoxClamantis - 03-22-2014

(03-22-2014, 02:30 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Ok.  So Fatima by itself may be a bit too much. . .   What about just devotion to Our Lady?  You could have an ebook, some links to chanting the Little Office of BVM, prayer cards, etc.

This is an idea I really like! I wanted to add information about the Little Office anyway, and doing that in honor of Tim, with other things thrown in, like the prayer cards you mention -- that'd make it all so much nicer.  Now I just have to get a copy of the Little Office that was in use in 1962.

Re: Tim Has Died - m.PR - 03-22-2014

Pray Rest in peace.

Re: Tim Has Died - Fontevrault - 03-22-2014

(03-22-2014, 03:02 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 02:30 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Ok.  So Fatima by itself may be a bit too much. . .   What about just devotion to Our Lady?  You could have an ebook, some links to chanting the Little Office of BVM, prayer cards, etc.

This is an idea I really like! I wanted to add information about the Little Office anyway, and doing that in honor of Tim, with other things thrown in, like the prayer cards you mention -- that'd make it all so much nicer.  Now I just have to get a copy of the Little Office that was in use in 1962.

Are you still in touch with HK?  Might he be willing to help with the chant?

Re: Tim Has Died - CaptCrunch73 - 03-22-2014

How about Charlesh? He has the 1962 little office on his website.

Re: Tim Has Died - Larry - 03-22-2014

I offered my Rosary for Tim today. Don't forget the Sabbatine privilege-that a soul detained in Purgatory who had a devotion to Our Lady's rosary and scapular would be released on the first Saturday after his/her death. That certainly describes Tim. Though his love for Our Lord  and Our Lady was so strong that I suspect he didn't have to do too much time anyway.

Re: Tim Has Died - JacafamalaRedux - 03-22-2014

God bless him. He will be missed here, for sure, God love him! Prayers for your soul, Tim and a toast a little later on tonight to our absent brother!

Re: Tim Has Died - JacafamalaRedux - 03-22-2014

He had a great beard, and such a nice disposition, didn't he? He will always be gold here.

Re: Tim Has Died - VoxClamantis - 03-22-2014

(03-22-2014, 03:58 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: How about Charlesh? He has the 1962 little office on his website.

Do you know him well enough to ask him if it can be used, paisan'?

Re: Tim Has Died - voltape - 03-22-2014

Tibi, Dómine, commendamus animam fámuli tui Timothei ut defunctus, saeculo tibi vivat.

Subvenite, Sancti Dei, occurite, Angeli Domini: suscipientes ánimam ejus, offerens eam in conspectum Altíssimi.

Anima Timothei, et ánimae omnium fidelium defunctorum, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace.

What sad news. I had been away for some days.  Was he ill?