FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
In Need of a Cookie - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: In Need of a Cookie (/showthread.php?tid=69227)

Pages: 1 2 3

In Need of a Cookie - VoxClamantis - 06-14-2014

Background:  When I lived in the State of Washington, there was a place that sold Voortman cookies from these big bins. You'd use plastic tongs to grab what you want and put them into plastic bags, I got hooked on Voortman's Almond Krunch -- these were "donut" shaped cookies (in that there was a hole in the middle), with scalloped edges, and with sugar sprinkled on top. Apparently, they're also sold in packages, too, 'cause I just found a picture of some bundled up:

[Image: voortman.jpg]

The Problem:   I can't find them where I live now, in Indy, and can't get out much without a car. But I am in need. Oh yes, in NEED. So, does anyone live where these things are sold? Is there a Fishie reading this who not only lives where these things are sold, but who'd arrange with me to send me some, with my paying for them and shipping costs via PayPal? (this would likely have to be either next month or the month after...)  If so, PM me, will ya?

Even if such an arrangement is too big a pain in the butt, I encourage all y'all who have access to go get you some! I vouch for these cookies! Perfect with tea. Or coffee. But then I'm a freak for anything almond, so...  Really, I've got a serious almond-flavored monkey on my back... Who will help a sistah out?

Re: In Need of a Cookie - Deidre - 06-14-2014

I've got the same thing going on with McVitie's Plain Chocolate Digestive biscuits.  :blush: Greg actually brought some from England, and shipped them to me when he visited the States last. He's such a sweetheart. :) I've even tried baking my own (you can find almost anything on blogs), but they're just not the same. I've seen the Voortman brand at our nearby Big Lots, when they had more foreign cookies available than they do now. Nowadays they don't have much selection at all. :( If those cookies are anything like the "real" speculaas cookies from Holland, then I totally understand why you're addicted.  :mrwinky:

Re: In Need of a Cookie - CaptCrunch73 - 06-17-2014

No love for Lemon Coolers?

Lemon Coolers

:eats:
:lemon:

Re: In Need of a Cookie - J Michael - 06-17-2014

Hey, if you're **that** desperate  :grin:, there's: this  Seems pretty pricey, but sometimes those in dire straits will pay just about anything.... :)

Re: In Need of a Cookie - Deidre - 06-17-2014

(06-17-2014, 03:52 PM)J Michael Wrote: Hey, if you're **that** desperate  :grin:, there's: this  Seems pretty pricey, but sometimes those in dire straits will pay just about anything.... :)

This is crazy! I can't imagine a cooke that I would pay that much for (well, maybe those fancy Italian cookes from those authentic bakeries  :) ).

Re: In Need of a Cookie - J Michael - 06-17-2014

(06-17-2014, 04:13 PM)Deidre Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 03:52 PM)J Michael Wrote: Hey, if you're **that** desperate  :grin:, there's: this  Seems pretty pricey, but sometimes those in dire straits will pay just about anything.... :)

This is crazy! I can't imagine a cooke that I would pay that much for (well, maybe those fancy Italian cookes from those authentic bakeries  :) ).

See...you just imagined it!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now, I LOVE cookies.  But I ain't EVER (oopsies..., did I say "ever"??) gonna pay THAT much for cookies...

Re: In Need of a Cookie - VoxClamantis - 06-17-2014

(06-14-2014, 02:19 AM)Deidre Wrote: I've got the same thing going on with McVitie's Plain Chocolate Digestive biscuits.   :blush: Greg actually brought some from England, and shipped them to me when he visited the States last. He's such a sweetheart. :) I've even tried baking my own (you can find almost anything on blogs), but they're just not the same. I've seen the Voortman brand at our nearby Big Lots, when they had more foreign cookies available than they do now. Nowadays they don't have much selection at all. :( If those cookies are anything like the "real" speculaas cookies from Holland, then I totally understand why you're addicted.  :mrwinky:

As a Yank, I just love the sound of anything called "biscuits" instead of "cookies," and the "digestive" in front makes them sound Victoriany or something (to me, the Yank, that is LOL)  I must try one some day!

I don't know if the cookie I'm after is like speculaas cookies - but I'd love to do a taste test and find out!  :eats:

(06-17-2014, 11:21 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: No love for Lemon Coolers?

Lemon Coolers

:eats:
:lemon:

Oh, yes! Much love! Many much love! I would eat them every day!

Naaaaaaaah, that's crazy talk. I actually saw those on Amazon when looking for them online, and that's waaaaaaaaaay too pricey for me, Mister. I will just have to remain a cookie orphan. Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Re: In Need of a Cookie - J Michael - 06-18-2014

(06-17-2014, 06:41 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:

Naaaaaaaah, that's crazy talk. I actually saw those on Amazon when looking for them online, and that's waaaaaaaaaay too pricey for me, Mister. I will just have to remain a cookie orphan. Awwwwwwwwwwww!

:LOL:

No orphanages for you, my friend!  This is AMERICA, where supermarkets abound and cookies abound in even greater abundance!!  Offer up to God your sacrificing of Voortman's Almond Krunch (sheesh!, they can't even spell it right.. :grin: :grin:), and get thee to the cookie aisle!!!  And, if there's a European deli anywhere in your neck of the woods, your fortune has just been increased in untold spectacularity (I just made that word up :grin:).  :) :)