FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=69424)

Pages: 1 2

July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - JacafamalaRedux - 07-04-2014

Hot dogs and hamburgers are officially out! Who is improvising? Grilled fish, anyone?  I'm thinking smoked salmon. Hubs has this smoker and I'm thinking smoked salmon would be really awesome. We still have boatloads of lettuce from the garden, so I'm planning on salad to be the side dish.

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - Chestertonian - 07-04-2014

Crab salad, crab cakes, crab chowder, crab dip crab imperial, whole crabs stuffed with more crab

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - Fontevrault - 07-04-2014

I'm in France and we had a bouillabaisse.  :)

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - Deidre - 07-04-2014

I'm having baked beans.  :) With sauteed bell peppers and onions added, along with garlic and dollops of various sauces. Soooo tasty, especially cold.

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - IXOYE - 07-04-2014

I feel like I can't actively participate in Friday meatless practice because I a vegetarian. But tofurkey has put out these sausages that are pretty damn good and most of the questionable stuff in it they put in organic. Good grill option.

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - iona_scribe - 07-04-2014

Oh no, fail! I just made my family grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch. For some reason having my husband home makes it feel like a Saturday...even though we just got home from a First Friday Mass.  :doh:

I guess we'll need to pray the rosary tonight. My kiddos are too little to stay up for fireworks anyway.

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - IXOYE - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 04:09 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: Oh no, fail! I just made my family grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch. For some reason having my husband home makes it feel like a Saturday...even though we just got home from a First Friday Mass.   :doh:

I guess we'll need to pray the rosary tonight. My kiddos are too little to stay up for fireworks anyway.

Do you go to the FSSP out there in Seattle?

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - iona_scribe - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 08:15 PM)IXOYE Wrote: Do you go to the FSSP out there in Seattle?

I do :) I was wondering how you knew that, and then I remembered we all have our location listed  :LOL:

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - Poche - 07-06-2014

How about fried catfish or seafood gumbo?

Re: July 4 (no meat Friday) BBQ anyone? - IXOYE - 07-06-2014

(07-04-2014, 10:26 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 08:15 PM)IXOYE Wrote: Do you go to the FSSP out there in Seattle?

I do :) I was wondering how you knew that, and then I remembered we all have our location listed  :LOL:

I went there once it was beautiful