FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Fisheaters easy recipe thread - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Fisheaters easy recipe thread (/showthread.php?tid=76771)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - In His Love - 04-27-2017

(04-26-2017, 09:19 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Patchy left yogurt on my shirt earlier. :LOL:
Let me rephrase that. I love eating yogurt. I'm not as big a fan of return trips.

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - PrairieMom - 04-28-2017

Another easy supper. One of my kids' favourites.

Crumb Fish with roasted potatoes

2 lbs? of potatoes (my family eats a lot of potatoes, so judge according to what you'll eat), the waxy kind like red (pontiac)
EVOO
seasoned salt, or your choice of seasonings

Scrub 2 lbs of potatoes. Peel if you must, but they're better if you don't. Cut into chunks - I keep mine fairly largish (cut a large potato into 4 or 6).  In a large bowl, toss with enough EVOO to coat & seasoned salt or other seasonings such as parsley, rosemary or oregano.

Place potatoes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or shallow baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.

If you don't have seasoned salt (or don't buy it because of the yucky stuff in it), it's easy to make yourself. I use this basic recipe, but I add tons more onion powder. I'll usually make a double batch and then store it in a quart mason jar.

For the fish:

680 g package of your favourite fish fillets, such as cod, sole, or pickrel (thaw first if frozen) that's about 1.5 pounds
breadcrumbs, 2-4 cups depending on your crumminess
butter 1/4 to 1/2 c depending on your crumbs
onion powder ~ 1 tbsp if using 4 cups of crumbs

In a 9x13 baking dish, lay out the fish so that it's all an even layer on the bottom.

Melt butter. In a medium bowl, toss breadcrumbs in melted butter with some onion powder until they are evenly coated. It's okay if not every single little crumb is buttered, as long as the majority are.

Spread crumbs evenly over fish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-30 minutes roughly (add it to the oven when potatoes are 1/2 cooked), until fish is cooked through and crumbs have toasted a bit. Your time will depend on the thickness of the fish. Often liquid from the fish will accumulate in the pan. That's normal, leave it.

Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with coleslaw or salad, and a tartar sauce*, if desired.

*Tartar sauce can be easily made by mixing equal parts of relish and mayo. Some people will also add a dollop of horseradish to the mix. It's especially good if you have homemade zucchini relish like me. :)

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - Jeeter - 05-08-2017

Crock pot BBQ ribs

6 lbs of St. Louis style ribs
18 oz bottle of bbq sauce (I like Smokey C's or Sweet Baby Ray's)
dry rub if desired (Smokey C's or Red Eyed Hog)
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp oregano
2 tsp pepper flakes

Rub the ribs with the dry rub and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, to drain off fat.  place ribs in crock pot with a little over half the sauce and the remaining ingredients.  Cook 7-8 hours on Low.  Remove from pot, place on a baking sheet, brush with sauce and broil 3-4 minutes, to caramelize the sauce.

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - Jeeter - 06-07-2017

Bourbon ginger glazed salmon

2 Tbsp bourbon
2Tbsp oilive oil
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 cloves finely minced garlic
1 tsp cayenne
1  1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp dill

Mix the above into a past. Then spread over 1-2 lbs salmon (trout works well too). Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Baste with melted glaze from baking dish, then cook for 8-10 more minutes.

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - Jeeter - 06-09-2017

Fried salmon patties

2 cans of salmon (about 2 lbs)
1 Tbsp (about there) EVOO
1 sweet pepper, minced
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp mayo
2Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp dill
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp cayenne
Salt & pepper to taste

Sautée the minced peppers in evoo 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and stir until garlic starts to turn golden. Remove from heat and combine with remaining ingredients. Form into patties and pan fry in olive oil.

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - In His Love - 06-19-2017

My boyfriend recently got something that's very similar in function to a crockpot, so these crockpot recipes will come in handy!

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - austenbosten - 06-19-2017

Instant Pressure Cooker Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Soup)

1      Small Hand of Ginger - sliced coarsely
1      Large sweet Vidalia onion - or two medium yellow onions - coarsely sliced
1      Cilantro - small bunch
2      Tsp Chinese Five Spice (can go more for taste)
1      Tsp Coriander seeds
6-8  Chicken drumsticks
1/4  Cup Fish Sauce
2      Tbs Sugar
2      Tbs canola or vegetable oil
2      Qrts Water

Heat oil in a pressure cooker over high heat until smoking. Add sliced onions and ginger, cut side down and cook until slightly sauteed.

Add rest of ingredients to pot, seal and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and shock immediately under cold water (or release pressure valve if using electric)

Remove chicken and skim surface of broth if necessary.

In soup bowls with cooked rice noodles.  Top with chicken legs and pour broth containing onions over.  Serve immediately with a platter of sliced lime and jalapenos, bean sprouts, mint leaves, and cilantro.  Add Hoisin sauce and Sriracha to taste

Very easy, lazy dish and seriously good, also great for colds. 

Re: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - In His Love - 06-19-2017

That sounds really tasty!

RE: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - Jeeter - 08-18-2017

Real simple grilled fish marinade 

I've used this with grilled catfish, salmon, and tonight it was phenomenal on scallops. Mix it, soak the fish for 20-30 minutes, then brush it on the fish while on the grill.

5 Tbsp oil
1 Tvsp mustard 
2 tsp paprika 
1 tsp cayenne 
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp thyme 
1 tsp sugar
Salt/pepper to taste

RE: Fisheaters easy recipe thread - In His Love - 11-11-2017

Bumping for research purposes.

Also, I found this recipe and it sounds tasty.

Baked Corn Pudding Casserole

"Serves 8 to 10
Unsalted butter, for greasing the baking dish
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
5 cups corn kernels, thawed if frozen (about 20 ounces)
2 medium scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.

Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.

Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in the half-and-half, butter, and cheese. Add the flour mixture and stir until completely combined and smooth. Add the corn and fold to combine. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth into an even layer.

Bake until lightly browned around the edges, the pudding is set, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before topping with the scallions, slicing, and serving warm.

Recipe Notes
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days."

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baked-corn-pudding-casserole-250962?utm_source=k_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11092017&recip_id=1223076