FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is (/showthread.php?tid=77215)

Pages: 1 2

Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - Eric F - 12-12-2016

December 12, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) — The Catholic bishops of Atlantic Canada are citing Pope Francis and his controversial exhortation Amoris Laetitia to support a decision allowing priests latitude to decide whether to give euthanasia seekers the sacraments before they are killed. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/canadas-atlantic-bishops-pope-francis-is-our-model-on-relaxed-guidelines-to

What happened to the belief in redemptive suffering ?  Too rigid I guess.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - aquinas138 - 12-12-2016

How is this not sacrilege? Rhetorical, of course. This is not a situation where someone has fallen unconscious and is unable to give an indication of repentance before the last rites; this is a person going full-throttle and eyes wide open to the grave in open defiance of Christian morality. Unbelievable. Well, sadly, it is believable, but still awful.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - In His Love - 12-12-2016

Craziness.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - Eric F - 12-12-2016

It no longer feels like the Catholic Church.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - Credidi Propter - 12-13-2016

I don't think this will do them any good.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - Zedta - 12-13-2016

(12-12-2016, 10:18 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                             It no longer feels like the Catholic Church.

For me, its been so for over 45 years!

Re: Atlantic Canadian bisho - Poche - 12-14-2016

How many of these people 'seeking euthanasia'' are people being manipulated by interested parties? 

Re: Atlantic Canadian bisho - Jeeter - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 12:21 AM)Poche Wrote: How many of these people 'seeking euthanasia'' are people being manipulated by interested parties?

My thoughts as well.  Even minus the Church's teaching on euthanasia, the fact is that you have two parties who seek to gain from someone's death.  On the one hand, a doctor will get paid for ending a life.  At the same time, the insurance company seeks to save money by paying for the person's death instead of treatment for physical or psychological ailments.  Diabolical, I tells ya.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - Eric F - 12-14-2016

But I won't let this effect my respect for Catholic Bishops...... providing of course their names are Burke, Caffarra, Meisner, Brandmuller, Schneider.

Re: Atlantic Canadian bishops approve last rites before euthanasia: ‘Pope Francis is - austenbosten - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 11:11 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                                                                             But I won't let this effect my respect for Catholic Bishops...... providing of course their names are Burke, Caffarra, Meisner, Brandmuller, Schneider.

Or Dolan....Daniel Dolan that is...not the one in New York.