FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary (/showthread.php?tid=78311)

An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - In His Love - 04-16-2017

I just finished listening to an audiobook of An Easy Way to Become a Saint. I took notes, some of which are verbatim from the book. Hopefully these are very beneficial to you all. :)

1) Love God.
- Meditate on the Passion.
- Make the Sign of the Cross slowly and reverently.
- Repeat frequently the Holy Name of Jesus.
- Kiss the crucifix.
- Make the Way of the Cross.
- Read books about the Passion.
- Hear and offer Mass.
- Receive Holy Communion devoutly.

2) Do all we do for the love of God.
- Form the intention of offering every act for the love of God.
- Slowly make a morning offering.
- Say your daily prayers well.
- Pray the Rosary daily.
- Assist at daily Mass and receive Holy Communion.
- Be devoted to the Sacred Heart. Read the 12 promises of Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary. Repeat, "Sacred Heart of Jesus, I have confidence in you, boundless confidence for everything." Wear a badge or medal of the Sacred Heart. Have a picture of the Sacred Heart in the home.
- Say, "Jesus, I love you."
- Visit the Blessed Sacrament.
- Say grace before meals.
- Say, "O my God, I offer you this act in union with Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit and in praise of your eternal majesty." Our Lord told St. Gertrude it gives indescribable value to any act we perform.
- Say, "O my God, I offer you the awful thirst Jesus Christ suffered in the Passion, His fast in the desert, His Divine moderation during His life on Earth."
- Say night prayers slowly and devoutly, asking for a good night's rest. Offer your sleep to Our Lord in union with His sleep. Say some loving words to your guardian angel before you sleep. Sprinkle holy water over your person and bed.
- Rise quickly from bed when you wake up.
- Ask God to help you bear your crosses. Bear suffering patiently.
- Make spiritual reading daily for 15 minutes. Read books that appeal to you. Choose proper books. Pray before reading. Read your books not once, but many times. Read slowly.
Recommended books:
How to Be Happy, How to Be Holy (on prayer)
The Wonders of the Holy Name
All About the Angels
The Land of the Eucharist
Read Me or Rue It
How to Avoid Purgatory
St. Patrick and the Irish

3) Love and practice the Faith.
- Make a short daily meditation. It helps you see faults you need to correct. Meditate on death. "Think of your last end, and you shall never sin." Think of God as a God of tenderest love and love Him. Begin your meditation by praying to the Holy Ghost. The third Glorious Mystery of the Rosary is recommended. Meditate on what you read. Read a little, pray a little, make a practical resolution to bear in mind during the day, and ask God to pardon your past faults and give you strength to avoid them in the future.
- Our morning and evening prayers, if well said, save us from countless evils.
- Prayer is a pleasure. Don't make hasty prayers. We have a private audience with God whenever we pray.
- There are three conditions of prayer. We must persevere in prayer. We must pray with the fullest confidence. We must pray with humility.
- God loves us with infinite, tender, and personal love.
- Patient people are happy. Never speak when you're angry. Never lift your voice. Never say a disagreeable word.
- Go to Confession frequently. Prepare well. Listen carefully to the priest's advice. Recite your Act of Contrition fervently. Perform your penance devoutly.

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - AugustineNYC - 04-17-2017

Thank you for this.

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - TradCathYouth - 04-17-2017

I have that, great book. In fact, Fr. O'Sullivan has another one called How to Be Holy, How to Be Happy that makes a great companion to this one.

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - In His Love - 04-17-2017

You're very welcome, Augustine!

(04-17-2017, 10:53 AM)TradCathYouth Wrote: I have that, great book. In fact, Fr. O'Sullivan has another one called How to Be Holy, How to Be Happy that makes a great companion to this one.

I have the audiobook version of that bookmarked! :) Fr. O'Sullivan is a fantastic author. I've also read his Read Me or Rue It and The Wonders of the Holy Name.

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - Sacred Heart lover - 04-18-2017

Ohhhhhhh.... :O

Where do I get these audio treats?  :D

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - In His Love - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 01:53 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Ohhhhhhh.... :O

Where do I get these audio treats?  :D
An Easy Way to Become a Saint:
http://www.jmjsite.com/a/46/46wpo.pdf

How to Be Happy, How to Be Holy:
http://www.jmjsite.com/a/41/41wpo.pdf

Other audiobooks can be found here (including Read Me or Rue It and The Wonders of the Holy Name):
http://www.traditionalcatholic.co/free-catholicbooks/

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - Fontevrault - 04-18-2017

In His Love,

What a lovely Easter present to us all!  Thank you!!!

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - TradCathYouth - 04-18-2017

(04-17-2017, 09:27 PM)In His Love Wrote: You're very welcome, Augustine!

(04-17-2017, 10:53 AM)TradCathYouth Wrote: I have that, great book. In fact, Fr. O'Sullivan has another one called How to Be Holy, How to Be Happy that makes a great companion to this one.

I have the audiobook version of that bookmarked! :) Fr. O'Sullivan is a fantastic author. I've also read his Read Me or Rue It and The Wonders of the Holy Name.

I think Read Me or Rue It was the first one of his works I ever read. The Wonders of Holy Name was probably the second, but ever since I have seen the Holy Name of Jesus as more than just a Name to be respected. It is a spiritual weapon, a source of consolation, a source of strength.

Re: An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan: a summary - In His Love - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 04:38 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: In His Love,

What a lovely Easter present to us all!  Thank you!!!
Aww! You're very welcome, Font! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)