FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Question about Opus Dei - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Question about Opus Dei (/showthread.php?tid=78692)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Question about Opus Dei - Credidi Propter - 06-03-2017

Like a lot of logos, the logo looks too modern, too simplistic.  it's like the reality of the cross has been dumbed down.  It looks like a cross the South Park Jesus would have hung on- the South Park Jesus is a stupid, effeminate hippie who walks around with a big dumb smile on his face.  It reminds me of the portrayals of Jesus in Christian children's programming, which I am sure is what the South Park creators were getting at when they portrayed Jesus in such a way.  Jesus is a true friend, but he's also a true man.  Some people seem to think that if Jesus is seen as "too manly" he'll be scary.  As any good man would be, Jesus was scary when he needed to be.  I bet a money changer or two had to change more than money after their encounter with him.  He also knew when to be gentle, and how to comfort people who were afraid and in need of reassurance.

Re: Question about Opus Dei - austenbosten - 06-04-2017

I know one thing, the more I read about Opus Dei, the more it sounds like a wicked union of Freemasonry and Jehovah Wittness-ism. 

Re: Question about Opus Dei - Guingamp - 06-06-2017

(06-04-2017, 03:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I know one thing, the more I read about Opus Dei, the more it sounds like a wicked union of Freemasonry and Jehovah Wittness-ism.
I agree. I do not trust Opus Dei and Canon Gregory Hesse said that it is one of the worst groups within the Church. They are extremly supportive of Vatican II and adherents of papalatry, viz a really ugly variation of ultramontanism and cult of personality.

Re: Question about Opus Dei - cassini - 06-06-2017

(06-01-2017, 11:53 PM)Mark Williams Wrote: I do not know, but I do not like their logo.

[Image: OD_Cross.gif]

Is it a coin, representing their amazing ability to accumulate wealth with the help of God?

Look, I could give you websites that would make your Catholic hair curl. But is that fair? Instead I will give you personal experience.
Friends have told me that once committed to it/them you cease to have any personal opinions. They are Modernist now, but all good living Catholics. Obviously they suit some who are very happy in their way. Others, like those caught up in other cults had a hard jopb to get out of their influence. They do not promote Catholicism, but keep to themselves.

Re: Question about Opus Dei - Guingamp - 06-06-2017

(06-06-2017, 12:17 PM)cassini Wrote: (...)Look, I could give you websites that would make your Catholic hair curl. But is that fair? (...)
Of course, it is fair and I would really like to see the websites.

Re: Question about Opus Dei - Sixtus - 06-06-2017

I understand the doubts of all those who read the horror stories against the Opus, there is enough material to be suspicious. But the writings of St. Josemaria Escriva are really inspiring.
And I wouldn't call the Opus as modernists: they weren't really pro Vatican II at first (as I said they are enemies with jesuits). Now they fully accepted it : they are Novus Ordo but not really progressives, on political issues they are especially very conservative.
btw there is a minority of Opus Dei clergy who do latin mass.

Re: Question about Opus Dei - cassini - 06-07-2017

(06-06-2017, 01:32 PM)Guingamp Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 12:17 PM)cassini Wrote: (...)Look, I could give you websites that would make your Catholic hair curl. But is that fair? (...)
Of course, it is fair and I would really like to see the websites.

Here is one then:

http://www.opus-info.org/index.php?title=Seventeen_Years_in_Opus_Dei

Re: Question about Opus Dei - Innijo - 06-07-2017

Read the article. Would be interesting to know who are the top dogs in the organisation. Maybe free-masons?