FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican (/showthread.php?tid=80660)

Pages: 1 2 3

Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - BobR67 - 12-30-2017

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/12/30/proclaim-gospel-with-faithful-creativity-pope-tells-theologians/

This really gets my goat. They will never realize V II has failed. Until this is realised by our leaders things will never change. To me PF is suggesting we should change the truth ot suit our times. 

Thoughts?

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - The Tax Collector - 12-30-2017

Quote:Such a task is done not by changing the message, but by communicating the perennial message with “faithful creativity” to a world experiencing rapid transformations, he said.
These changes and challenges require that the Church, and theologians in particular, believe that the Gospel “can continue to touch the women and men of today” and work to clearly show people what lies at the heart of the Gospel.
This theological effort of showing what is essential is “indispensable” in a highly complex world of unprecedented scientific and technological advancement, and in a culture where “distorted views of the very heart of the Gospel” can sneak in and spread, he said.
“There needs to be a theology that helps all Christians proclaim and show, most of all, the salvific face of God, the merciful God, especially given the presence of some unprecedented challenges that involve humanity today, such as: the environmental crisis; the development of neuroscience or technology that can alter human beings; ever greater social inequalities or the migration of whole peoples; and relativism in theory and practice.”

Interesting. Faithful creativity for a transforming world. 

Not to contradict the holy father, but in times of doubt and struggle (and there's many), my anchor to the catholic faith in the face of constant assault continues to be the remarkable and timeless application of the gospels to my daily life as a catholic, based upon the traditional teaching of church.  For people who have never heard or experienced them, I would think only a return to fundamentals can correct those "distorted views at the very heart of the gospel".  I don't see that happening without supernatural influence.

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - austenbosten - 12-30-2017

More Vatican II p0rn. Will these obsessive cultists ever give up the "precious"?

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - In His Love - 12-30-2017

I've been reading the book Noble Beauty, Transcendent Holiness (see my signature for an excerpt) and I think this is a good idea.

Certain people, as well as the Council, have been blamed for what we see nowadays. The problem actually goes much farther back. 

I recommend watching these for a background:

If theologians were rooted in the Council, they would support the use of Latin in the liturgy, pride of place given to the organ and Gregorian chant, etc. The Council didn't call for Communion in the hand (that started as a specific indult to combat liturgical abuse and then spread), guitars, liturgical dance, or anything of the sort.

A lot of problems would be solved if we got back to what the Council actually teaches instead of what progressives have told people it teaches.

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - FultonFan - 12-30-2017

I get a headache at the thought of Vatican 2.

I think it's a matter of time before the traditional wing of the Vatican says "OK, that's enough", and finally realizes that V2 HAS given us a new religion.

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - Trad Catholic27 - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 06:40 PM)FultonFan Wrote: I get a headache at the thought of Vatican 2.

I think it's a matter of time before the traditional wing of the Vatican says "OK, that's enough", and finally realizes that V2 HAS given us a new religion.

That's nonsense because God will restore the TLM and the Church leadership will change their minds when the young priests replace our current leadership

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - FultonFan - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 06:43 PM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:40 PM)FultonFan Wrote: I get a headache at the thought of Vatican 2.

That's nonsense because God will restore the TLM and the Church leadership will change their minds when the young priests replace our current leadership

Why does that make what I said nonsense?

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - Trad Catholic27 - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 06:56 PM)FultonFan Wrote:

Why does that make what I said nonsense?
Because the Vatican II documents were pastoral and did not change anything in regards to the traditional Church Teachings

Plus you are beginning to sound a sedevacantist since they always claim that Vatican II is a new religion

RE: Theologians should be 'faithful and anchored' to the teachings of the Second Vatican - Florus - 12-30-2017

Well that's wonderfully optimistic....

(12-30-2017, 07:16 PM)Florus Wrote:

Well that's wonderfully optimistic....
Being pessimistic about the future is very dangerous we need to trust in God