FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI (/showthread.php?tid=81019)

Pages: 1 2 3

Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - austenbosten - 02-08-2018

Quote:Paul VI will be canonized soon. The meeting of the bishops and cardinals of the Congregation of Saints unanimously approved the recognition of a miracle attributed to the intercession of Giovanni Battista Montini. Now what is missing is Francis’ approval and the announcement of the date for the canonization of the Pontiff from Brescia who died in Castel Gandolfo forty years ago.

The last step was today’s cardinal meeting, which took note of the doctors’ conclusions and theologians’ evaluations. Now the Cardinal Prefect, Angelo Amato, will bring the bishops’ and cardinals’ ballot to Pope Francis. He will have the final word on the matter. Bergoglio will announce -during a consistory- the date of Paul VI’ canonization, which will probably be celebrated in Rome in October, during the Synod of young people.

http://www.lastampa.it/2018/02/06/vaticaninsider/eng/the-vatican/paul-vi-holy-cardinals-final-approve-of-the-miracle-QieizCYGMADQ4UuN1wAUtN/pagina.html

Well get ready for it folks, another Vatican II pope is gonna be canonized. You cannot make up this stuff. I don't know why they haven't canonized John Paul I, and Francis yet.

The Vatican has become such an utter pathetic joke. Revolutionaries self-adulating revolutionaries.

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - jovan66102 - 02-08-2018

Canonisations may well be infallible, but no one can make me invoke or call a man 'Saint' that inflicted the wounds on the Body of Christ that Paul VI did.

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - austenbosten - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 06:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Canonisations may well be infallible, but no one can make me invoke or call a man 'Saint' that inflicted the wounds on the Body of Christ that Paul VI did.

Are they? I'm asking because I don't remember seeing anything in Denzinger saying it.

Magister Musicae explained it recently. I had been taught that they were infallible, but he explained that there's room for doubt as to the truth of that proposition.

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - angeltime - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 06:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
Quote:Paul VI will be canonized soon. The meeting of the bishops and cardinals of the Congregation of Saints unanimously approved the recognition of a miracle attributed to the intercession of Giovanni Battista Montini. Now what is missing is Francis’ approval and the announcement of the date for the canonization of the Pontiff from Brescia who died in Castel Gandolfo forty years ago.  

The last step was today’s cardinal meeting, which took note of the doctors’ conclusions and theologians’ evaluations. Now the Cardinal Prefect, Angelo Amato, will bring the bishops’ and cardinals’ ballot to Pope Francis. He will have the final word on the matter. Bergoglio will announce -during a consistory- the date of Paul VI’ canonization, which will probably be celebrated in Rome in October, during the Synod of young people.  

http://www.lastampa.it/2018/02/06/vaticaninsider/eng/the-vatican/paul-vi-holy-cardinals-final-approve-of-the-miracle-QieizCYGMADQ4UuN1wAUtN/pagina.html

Well get ready for it folks, another Vatican II pope is gonna be canonized.  You cannot make up this stuff.  I don't know why they haven't canonized John Paul I, and Francis yet.

The Vatican has become such an utter pathetic joke.  Revolutionaries self-adulating revolutionaries.
Peace - I think this post is supposed to be under "Strange Sightings and Disasters" - no?   :grandma:

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - Imperator Caesar Trump - 02-08-2018

Quote:Bergoglio had thanked Paul VI for his “humble and prophetic witness of love for Christ and his Church! “ and had recalled that “the great helmsman” of the Second Vatican Council and founder of the synod, after the closing of the Council meeting, wrote: “Perhaps the Lord has called me and preserved me for this service not because I am particularly fit for it, or so that I can govern and rescue the Church from her present difficulties, but so that I can suffer something for the Church, and in that way it will be clear that he, and no other, is her guide and saviour”. In this humility - Francis concluded - the grandeur of Blessed Paul VI shines forth

Everyday it feels like you learn something else that's just a total punch in the gut, but at least this paragraph got a laugh out of me.

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - Sacred Heart lover - 02-08-2018

Paul VI the Jewish high priest:

[Image: blank.gif][Image: 081_PVI_Rational.jpg]

Paul VI wears the symbol of the Jewish high-priest

Pope Paul VI wears the symbol of the Jewish high-priest, the rational of judgment. One of the points of the progressivist agenda is to conceal innumerable Catholic doctrines and customs that set her in a position diametrically opposed to Judaism. 

Further, no eulogies are spared to praise the Jews and wrongly present them as the elect people. In parallel, the conciliar Popes started to wear Jewish symbols. What is behind this progressivist tendency?

(02-08-2018, 06:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 06:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Canonisations may well be infallible, but no one can make me invoke or call a man 'Saint' that inflicted the wounds on the Body of Christ that Paul VI did.

Are they?  I'm asking because I don't remember seeing anything in Denzinger saying it.
I found it! Here's MM's explanation of it,

Quote:It used to be the common opinion (not universal opinion) of theologians that canonizations were infallible. It is not and never was theologically certain nor of Faith.

That opinion, however, was based on the far more rigorous process that established heroic virtue beyond any shred of a reasonable doubt. That process would have also instantly disqualified anyone with even the smallest shred of suspicion of an unorthodox statement. It also was based on the traditional notion of Sanctity -- that one died living a live of extraordinary heroic virtue with regard to their state in life (thus if a Pope, died as a holy Pope, not just a holy man), so much so that the Church was saying "if you do what this man did, you will be assured of your salvation."

I remember Bishop Fellay in a talk once mentioning that he was speaking with someone quite high up in the Vatican about the difficulties with the canonizations of John XXIII and John Paul II, along with the beatification of Paul VI. "We simply cannot believe these are infallible," he said, or something similar. The interlocutor replied with a laugh and said, "Neither do I."

Later he mentioned he was speaking with the Pope.

Disagreeing with the common opinion of theologians should never be done lightly and without serious reason, to do so would be the sin of temerity and most likely lead to error. Yet if there be sufficient ground on which to express a doubt or disagreement, especially if some reputable theologians hold the contrary opinion, this is most certainly permissible, and not a sin at all.

A good article on the subject discussing the "Roman School" which used to hold the infallibility of canonizations is reprinted on the SSPX website, but was originally done of Dr Roberto de Mattei by John Vennari : http://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/cano...lible-3962
[url=http://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/canonizations-not-always-infallible-3962][/url]

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - Paul - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 07:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Magister Musicae explained it recently. I had been taught that they were infallible, but he explained that there's room for doubt as to the truth of that proposition.

At least the only part that's infallible is that the person is in heaven and can intercede for us. We're not required to believe that the person is an example of heroic virtue that should be imitated - which, considering some recent canonisations, is very much in doubt.

RE: Get ready to start Praying to St. Paul VI - jovan66102 - 02-09-2018

(02-08-2018, 11:15 PM)Paul Wrote: At least the only part that's infallible is that the person is in heaven and can intercede for us. We're not required to believe that the person is an example of heroic virtue that should be imitated - which, considering some recent canonisations, is very much in doubt.
Yes. I believe that if the Church canonises someone they must be in heaven because I would see it as a species of blasphemy to offer Mass in honour of someone who might possibly be damned. However, I agree that there is nothing infallible about the way which saints are chosen to be Saints.