FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
if we are really in 'end times'... - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: if we are really in 'end times'... (/showthread.php?tid=81023)

if we are really in 'end times'... - popeinnocent1972 - 02-08-2018

If we are really in end times, which it looks highly likely we are.

Why did Jesus appear to this man in 2014 telling him to pray the rosary to be free of Boko Haram, surely by the time they fully get rid of them through the rosary, there will be no time left?

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - MeanGene - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 11:06 PM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: If we are really in end times, which it looks highly likely we are.

Why did Jesus appear to this man in 2014 telling him to pray the rosary to be free of Boko Haram, surely by the time they fully get rid of them through the rosary, there will be no time left?

I think the main problem with your question is you're just blindly assuming that the world is in the process of ending right this moment and it's going to happen soon. The church has a fairly detailed eschatology, but it's not simply a matter of time coming to an end. And even despite the detail it's still largely an outline. Just worry about your spiritual life and advancing in grace. Don't go down the rabbit hole of prophecies and seers. It isn't our job to figure out how it's going to end and God certainly isn't going to punish us for not figuring it all out.

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - Dominicus - 02-09-2018

We've been in the end times for 2000 years. We are just somewhat closer than before.

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - MyCupOverFlows - 02-09-2018

(02-09-2018, 12:26 AM)Dominicus Wrote: We've been in the end times for 2000 years. We are just somewhat closer than before.

And the end is always the beginning! Fear not the end of time for eternity is thine. Live in Christ today, remain awake, but prophecy is for His chosen to understand, for we are His children and His plans He reveals to His own and warns the unbeliever of what is to come if he does not change. And all is for the benefit of His chosen.
You are in it , to win it!

There is no giving up!

No time to pine,

And fall behind.

Keep your eyes on the prize!

What lies ahead is greatness, the wonders of God,

The Beginning and the End, the source of all Creation!

With God's blessing all is possible.

Our lives are about:

Determination!

Motivation!

Innovation!

Get in the game!

Strive, move ahead, be all you can be!

Run your race to win!

Face your challenges without doubt in your God given abilities.

We are all given keys to unlock life's secret doors.

With hope, faith and God's wisdom we see our journey to its end.

Laid upon us that, Victor's Crown, for we did not stay upon the ground.

For a Saint is a sinner who got back up,

He Born Again, and drinks only from the Lord's cup.

And fleet footed he bounds across that line,

Eternity is thine!

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - jovan66102 - 02-09-2018

We should all live as if each day is the last, because it may be. Either of our life or of the world. That said, I totally agree with MeanGene. Leave predicting the End to the pagans, New Agers, and heretics. They seem to do it all the time! An Anglican 'Bishop' wrote in the 16th century

Quote:The signs mentioned by Christ in the Gospel which should be the foreshewers of this terrible day, are almost all fulfilled.
Luther said,

Quote:For my part, I am sure that the Day of Judgement is just around the corner. It doesn't matter that we don't know the precise day... perhaps someone else can figure it out. But it is certain that time is now at an end.
A 16th century Calvinist predicted the end,

Quote:Between 1650 and 1695 [we] would see the conversion of the many Jews and a revival of their nation in Palestine...the destruction of the Papacy...the marriage of the Lamb and his wife.

I've lived through more 'Ends of the World' than I can keep track of, but the 'Mayan Calendar', the Jehovah's Witnesses' 1975, and 'Pastor' Harold Camping's 21 October 2011, all come to mind.

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - jovan66102 - 02-09-2018

Oh, I forgot one! In 1973 we took our newborn daughter to meet her great grandmother (who died about two months later, R+I+P) and continued on to visit friends in Colorado. They were an USAF Officer and his wife. They were fundies who had bought into Hal Lindsay's predictions in 'The Late Great Planet Earth'. They were laying in supplies for the End, and had decided that it would be cruel to bring children into the world just before it ended.

They gave me the book to read. Being a fast reader, I read it before I fell asleep. Lindsay had me convinced! Using nothing but Scriptural prophecy, he had 'proven' that the next war Israel fought would be with the Soviets and the US would come in on the Israeli side. This was the battle between Gog and Magog that would end on the Field of Megiddo, and we all know what that means!

I was all ready to go home and start laying in survival rations, etc.

The next morning, I wandered into the kitchen to get my morning coffee and the daily paper was laying on the table, with the headline 'Arab-Israeli War Breaks Out'. It was the morning of 7 October and the Yom Kippur War had just started. Of course, shortly after I got back to KC, the war ended with no battle at Megiddo. Ever since then, I take Christ seriously. I try to live each day as if it was my last, regardless of the reason, and I pray for my family and friends as if we have an untold amount of time before us.

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - Justin Alphonsus - 02-09-2018

(02-08-2018, 11:06 PM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: If we are really in end times, which it looks highly likely we are.

As stated above, we cannot possibly know when the end times will be.  That knowledge is hidden from us, full stop.

If you ever hear anyone say that the end of the world will be (INSERT DATE HERE), know that they are lying. 

Watch ye therefore, because you know not the day nor the hour. Matt. 25: 13

We just don't know.  

As to why he did it, your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe he took pity on His fold, and told them how to have victory.  Maybe He wants to remind us that the Rosary is still a powerful weapon against Hell, and we should be devout in praying it.  I don't know. :D

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - GangGreen - 02-09-2018

People have thought it's the end times since the beginning of the Church. Either way, the end times may also be a long process, not some big boom and done type of deal. There are some positive prophesies that are supposed to occur before the end... the triumph of the Immaculate Heart, the Great Monarch, etc. Who knows? We could still be centuries away. In the end, if we're in a good state spiritually, then when the end comes (whether of our own lives or of the world), we'll be ready. If not, then it'll be a horrible day.

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - MyCupOverFlows - 02-09-2018

Matthew 16:3
3and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but not the signs of the times!
The end times began at Christ coming, but the end of the end times is what we are in. And no, no one has the date. We are called to recognize the times we are in.
2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days

3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of stress. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, fierce, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding the form of religion but denying the power of it. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who make their way into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and swayed by various impulses, 7 who will listen to anybody and can never arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith; 9 but they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
Paul’s Charge to Timothy

10 Now you have observed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, what befell me at Antioch, at Ico′nium, and at Lystra, what persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. 12 Indeed all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil men and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceivers and deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

RE: if we are really in 'end times'... - Eric F - 02-09-2018

For there shall be then great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, neither shall beMen withering away for fear, and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world. For the powers of heaven shall be moved

Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 
     And there shall be great earthquakes in divers places, and pestilences, and famines, and terrors from heaven; and there shall be great signs
     And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, by reason of the confusion of the roaring of the sea and of the waves;

And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be moved

THAT'S WHAT TO WATCH FOR !