FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Experience of Holy Spirit? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Experience of Holy Spirit? (/showthread.php?tid=81466)

Experience of Holy Spirit? - sonickel77 - 03-21-2018

Hello everyone
I'm a recent convert to Catholicism, back in 2017. But in June last year, I developed serious doubts about the truth of Christianity altogether, not just Catholicism. I stopped going to Mass, confession, and wasn't active at all in the Church. 

On Tuesday something strange happened. I felt compelled to attend Church again, even though I have not resolved any of my doubts. It was a deep inner knowing, which felt very compelling indeed. I even argued with it, as I would be late, but it insisted I go. So I drove there, and was moved to tears during the journey. 

I looked for some tissues in my glove compartment, and found a book about Catholicism I'd ordered but hadn't read. It fell open to a chapter about the Holy Spirit. I looked at the back of the book, and it had a testimonial about someone being drawn to the Catholic church "like a magnet", which was my experience too. And as if that wasn't enough, the book was written by someone with the same name as a Youtube blogger I'd discovered a week before, and had binge watched. It made me laugh through the tears.

The actual church visit was uneventful; I didn't receive communion as I hadn't confessed my sins again. (But I got round to that today).

What on earth was that force/ inner knowing that compelled me to attend church again? I have no idea.

RE: Experience of Holy Spirit? - IntoTheMystic - 03-21-2018

I'm happy to hear you went to church again. <3 Keep going and praying :)

RE: Experience of Holy Spirit? - angeltime - 03-21-2018

Peace.....what a beautiful story!  You were "called" twice!  Seems to me the Holy Spirit was prompting you to return to Church and don't give up.  Prayer is important during those times of temptation to quit.  Pray to your Guardian Angel each day too - he really is there for you.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
ANGEL OF GOD MY GUARDIAN DEAR
TO WHOM HIS LOVE COMMITS ME HERE
EVER THIS DAY BE AT MY SIDE
TO LIGHT AND GUARD
AND RULE AND GUIDE
amen

RE: Experience of Holy Spirit? - gracemary5 - 03-23-2018

(03-21-2018, 07:40 AM)sonickel77 Wrote: The actual church visit was uneventful; I didn't receive communion as I hadn't confessed my sins again. (But I got round to that today).

What on earth was that force/ inner knowing that compelled me to attend church again? I have no idea.

thanks for sharing this. i always am curious about converts to Catholicism, what made them convert, what first interested them, etc..

you say the mass was "uneventful"

But at all Masses (presumably) there is a Great Event taking place: Transubstantiation.

I hope you are not talking about how you need to have MORTAL sin confessed? I mean... if you are guilty of mortal sin,  that would explain you not experiencing much of anything at Mass..

or maybe you just havne't been Catholic long enough... (and/or)