FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... (/showthread.php?tid=82969)

Pages: 1 2

For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - TheQueenMother - 08-16-2018

This whole Pennsylvania priestly abuse trial/scandal has just had me broken-hearted and sickened all at the same time. I've been feeling this oppression that I've been having a hard time shaking. Earlier, my thirteen
and ten year old sons and I were listening to one of my favorite songs, and it suddenly reminded me of all the good Priests out there who are having to deal with the aftermath of all of this. And having to listen to all those who say that trying to live the celibate life of a priest is just "impossible" and is the root cause of all the trouble.

So for all those good Priests, here it is: 

The Impossible Dream, by Brian Stokes Mitchell
(It's gotta be this version, all the others just don't do it justice -sorry Sinatra!- and they've changed the lyrics!)

And here are the lyrics, in case they are too hard to make out:

Quote:To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

This is my quest, to follow that star ...
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far ...
To fight for the right, without question or pause ...
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause ...

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
when I'm laid to my rest ...
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

May God bless all of our good faithful Priests!

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - austenbosten - 08-16-2018

I've known about this for a while since Randy Engel published her report on the corruption and scandal that Diocese of Philly was hiding over two years ago!

I'm actually happy that these crimes and injustices are coming to light, and the wretched sins of these priests, bishops, and cardinals are now being exposed.

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - TheQueenMother - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 06:53 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I've known about this for a while since Randy Engel published her report on the corruption and scandal that Diocese of Philly was hiding over two years ago!

I'm actually happy that these crimes and injustices are coming to light, and the wretched sins of these priests, bishops, and cardinals are now being exposed.

I agree that it is very good that all of this is being exposed! These priests who have done these horrendous things must be punished and defrocked. But I can't say that it makes me happy. I knew these things had gone on, but the scope of it all, all the children who were abused just leaves me feeling sick. It's just horrible.

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - austenbosten - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 07:19 PM)TheQueenMother Wrote: I agree that it is very good that all of this is being exposed! These priests who have done these horrendous things must be punished and defrocked. But I can't say that it makes me happy. I knew these things had gone on, but the scope of it all, all the children who were abused just leaves me feeling sick. It's just horrible.

It is sick, but it would be worse if they never were brought to justice, or their crimes illuminated.

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - BC - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 06:28 PM)TheQueenMother Wrote: This whole Pennsylvania priestly abuse trial/scandal has just had me broken-hearted and sickened all at the same time. I've been feeling this oppression that I've been having a hard time shaking. Earlier, my thirteen
and ten year old sons and I were listening to one of my favorite songs, and it suddenly reminded me of all the good Priests out there who are having to deal with the aftermath of all of this. And having to listen to all those who say that trying to live the celibate life of a priest is just "impossible" and is the root cause of all the trouble.

Ann Barnhardts thoughts on this development. It is not an endorsement, and I provide no link because its content is graphic.

I watched the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s presser live yesterday, and knew as I was watching it that I was witnessing an event that will go down in history. A watershed moment.  I am also so very vivified – quickened, if you will – by all of this.  Think about it, folks.  I, and many other people, have been praying FOR YEARS that what is happening now, happen.  Simply put, our prayers are being answered.  That’s a pretty amazing feeling.  It is consoling.  It is comforting.  It is encouraging.  It is energizing.

Our Blessed Lord is in the courts of the Temple, and it is Whip o’clock, baby.

People who are scandalized by any of this are scandalized precisely because either they refused to face the truth that the Church had been infiltrated by Freemasons and Communists who then specifically and almost exclusively recruited sodomites (males and females) into the clergy and religious for the ultimate purpose of destroying the Church from the inside-out, or this was concealed from them.......

The Truth is always, always attractive and edifying, even when it is horrifically unpleasant, precisely because the Truth is a constitutive quality of God Himself.  If I were a Trad parish priest, I’d be preparing for a tidal wave of potential converts and reverts showing up seeking instruction in the TRUE FAITH, and to enter the Church now that this (redacted) infiltration is being brought to light.  Now that people can SEE what the real situation is, and how yes, there is, in fact, a massive satanic war against the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, it MUST BE because the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church is, in fact, the Bride of Christ and His Mystical Body.  People are now going to start realizing that they have been tricked, and that what they THOUGHT for years was The Catholic Church, was really the Antichurch in ascendancy, hiding in plain sight by occupying the same liturgical, sacramental and juridical space as the One True Church.

Furthermore, I think what we might be seeing right now is the final “decoupling” of the Antichurch from the True Church...

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - TheQueenMother - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 07:56 PM)BC Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:28 PM)TheQueenMother Wrote: This whole Pennsylvania priestly abuse trial/scandal has just had me broken-hearted and sickened all at the same time. I've been feeling this oppression that I've been having a hard time shaking. Earlier, my thirteen

Ann Barnhardts thoughts on this development. It is not an endorsement, and I provide no link because its content is graphic.

I watched the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s presser live yesterday, and knew as I was watching it that I was witnessing an event that will go down in history. A watershed moment.  I am also so very vivified – quickened, if you will – by all of this.  Think about it, folks.  I, and many other people, have been praying FOR YEARS that what is happening now, happen.  Simply put, our prayers are being answered.  That’s a pretty amazing feeling.  It is consoling.  It is comforting.  It is encouraging.  It is energizing.

Our Blessed Lord is in the courts of the Temple, and it is Whip o’clock, baby.

People who are scandalized by any of this are scandalized precisely because either they refused to face the truth that the Church had been infiltrated by Freemasons and Communists who then specifically and almost exclusively recruited sodomites (males and females) into the clergy and religious for the ultimate purpose of destroying the Church from the inside-out, or this was concealed from them.......

The Truth is always, always attractive and edifying, even when it is horrifically unpleasant, precisely because the Truth is a constitutive quality of God Himself.  If I were a Trad parish priest, I’d be preparing for a tidal wave of potential converts and reverts showing up seeking instruction in the TRUE FAITH, and to enter the Church now that this (redacted) infiltration is being brought to light.  Now that people can SEE what the real situation is, and how yes, there is, in fact, a massive satanic war against the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, it MUST BE because the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church is, in fact, the Bride of Christ and His Mystical Body.  People are now going to start realizing that they have been tricked, and that what they THOUGHT for years was The Catholic Church, was really the Antichurch in ascendancy, hiding in plain sight by occupying the same liturgical, sacramental and juridical space as the One True Church.

Furthermore, I think what we might be seeing right now is the final “decoupling” of the Antichurch from the True Church...

Thank you for sharing this! It is so hopeful! And I hope and pray that she is right. For me, it was making me feel like this would do just the opposite, make more people want to leave the church, more people ridicule the priesthood. I would be so happy to be wrong!

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - Some Guy - 08-16-2018

I’m curious to see how long it takes the anti-Church to fall apart...

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - Knight Hospitaller - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 08:24 PM)TheQueenMother Wrote: [quote pid='1383034' dateline='1534463809']
Thank you for sharing this! It is so hopeful! And I hope and pray that she is right. For me, it was making me feel like this would do just the opposite, make more people want to leave the church, more people ridicule the priesthood. I would be so happy to be wrong!

[/quote]

Yes, it will make people leave the Church, those weak in their faith.

"But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?"
- Luke 18:8

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - redneckpride4ever - 08-17-2018

Attendance is high at my local parish, and I live in the 2nd least religious state in the nation. I feel blessed that the Diocese of Manchester (NH) has never had an inkling of this. And I think the good attendance rate shows.

People want the faith, not the BS. I've said before that as laity, we deserve good spiritual care, and that it is neither heretic, schismatic or even sinful to make our voices clear.

The question is how to begin trickle up pressure that is actually meaningful. The closest thing to a model I can think of is akin to a political lobby I am a member of, Gun Owners of America. When legislation arises, the request for money is sent with postcards to send to your reps. If you go to their website, legislative alerts are accompanied by a take action option. This leads to an email form that automatically forwards your message to the reps. based on your zip code, both state and federal. You can also use the database to track down a rep's contact info, including office phone numbers and mailing addresses.

Maybe a Clean up Catholicism website patterned after the GOA one is an option. Or organized postcard campaigns directly to the Vatican.

We need to support our good clergy as well. Its at a point that perhaps only grassroots actions can clean this up.

RE: For all the Good Faithful Priests.... - jovan66102 - 08-17-2018

(08-17-2018, 02:16 AM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: I feel blessed that the Diocese of Manchester (NH) has never had an inkling of this. 

Be careful. When I lived in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas, back in the 'first wave' in 2002 and following, we felt the same way. It turned out our vocations director was abusing young men. What a great job for a pervert! However, he was smart. The age of consent in Kansas is 16. He was limiting himself to 'legal' prey.