FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Corner Pub (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pig Roast: Mingle and Eat Cooked Pig (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! (/showthread.php?tid=85195)

Pages: 1 2 3

Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - Blind Horus - 09-11-2019

Our British cousins have a wry sense of humuor -click <a href="https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/happy-st-skyscrapers-day.93480/">here</a> 

RE: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - Steven - 09-11-2019

Failing to see any humour in this, at all.  They're mocking people for mourning and remembering the dead -- worse yet, the dead who were murdered. Not sure why you would want to share such a deplorable sentiment, especially when there are people on this forum whose family worked in those "holy skyscrapers".

RE: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - josh987654321 - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 08:53 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Our British cousins have a wry sense of humuor

I have to agree with Steven, certainly not humor of any kind. If it were one of my loved ones that died in those towers or on those planes by those terrorists, I would be very upset with this so called 'humor'.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless

RE: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - Blind Horus - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 09:16 AM)Steven Wrote: Failing to see any humour in this, at all.  They're mocking people for mourning and remembering the dead -- worse yet, the dead who were murdered.  Not sure why you would want to share such a deplorable sentiment, especially when there are people on this forum whose family worked in those "holy skyscrapers".

"As I pointed out to the Yanks at work, welcome to the world of fighting terror, as per usual you are only late again!"

Give it time, you'll see the humor

RE: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - Steven - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 09:53 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Give it time, you'll see the humor

No, I don't think I will, any more so than I find humour in the 7/7 bombings or the genocides of the 20th century. Senseless and evil actions are not humorous, even if other people have already experienced them previously. A mother weeps at the loss of her child even if many mothers before her have experienced the same such grief, and it would be a horrible thing to laugh at her anguish because she's "late to the club". Our Lord's example of consolation in Luke 7,13 is a much better response.

Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - SeeTheLight - 09-11-2019

I'm glad my friends sister was late to work that day. She worked in one of the towers.

I'll admit it is black humor but it's a military website and that's the way they roll, so sign up and post your grievances there, I'm sure they would love it. 

PS I was outraged at first, too.

RE: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - Bonaventure - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 09:16 AM)Steven Wrote: Failing to see any humour in this, at all. 

(09-11-2019, 09:31 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: I have to agree with Steven, certainly not humor of any kind.

There's a reason BH is my 'ignore' list.

RE: Happy St. Skyscraper Day! - redneckpride4ever - 09-11-2019

Next anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing go to a Japanese Catholic forum, yell them happy St. Radioactive Man Day, then come back and tell us if they find it humorous.

I will NOT be awaiting an affirmative response with bated breath.

(09-11-2019, 10:02 AM)Steven Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 09:53 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Give it time, you'll see the humor

No, I don't think I will, any more so than I find humour in the 7/7 bombings or the genocides of the 20th century.  Senseless and evil actions are not humorous, even if other people have already experienced them previously.  A mother weeps at the loss of her child even if many mothers before her have experienced the same such grief, and it would be a horrible thing to laugh at her anguish because she's "late to the club".  Our Lord's example of consolation in Luke 7,13 is a much better response.

The Club-

The Irish Republican Army (I.R.A.)
MAINLAND CAMPAIGN

(Reuters) - Police said on Monday they had been warned of a bomb in central London, a day before the Queen makes a historic visit to Ireland.

Here is a timeline of some of the worst bomb attacks on mainland Britain by Irish dissident groups in the last 35 years.

February 1974 - Coach carrying soldiers and families in northern England is bombed by the Irish Republican Army (IRA). Twelve people killed, 14 hurt.

October-November 1974 - Wave of IRA bombs in British pubs kills 28 people and wounds more than 200.

July 1982 - Two IRA bomb attacks on soldiers in London’s royal parks kill 11 people and wound 50.

December 1983 - IRA bomb at Harrods department store kills six.

October 1984 - Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s cabinet narrowly escapes IRA bomb that kills five people at Brighton hotel during Conservative Party’s annual conference.

September 1989 - Bomb at Royal Marines Music School in Deal, southeast England, kills 11 and wounds 22.

February 1990 - Explosion at Army recruitment centre in Leicester. Two wounded.

May 1990 - Seven wounded by blast at Army Educational Service headquarters in London suburb of Eltham.

May 1990 - One soldier is killed and another wounded by car bomb in Wembley.

June 1990 - Soldier is shot dead at train station in Lichfield.

February 1991 - IRA comes close to killing Prime Minister John Major and key cabinet members in a mortar attack on Downing Street. One of three mortar bombs slammed into garden behind building, exploding within 50 feet (15 metres) of the target.

April 1992 - Huge car bomb outside Baltic Exchange in London’s financial district kills three people and wounds 91.

March 1993 - Bombs in two litter bins in Warrington kill two boys aged three and 12.

April 1993 - IRA truck bomb devastates Bishopsgate area of London’s financial district, killing one and wounding 44.

February 1996 - Two people die when IRA paramilitaries detonate large bomb in London’s Docklands area.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-security-bombings-idUKTRE74F31Q20110516

Man-up