FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Beer Brewing Anybody else? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Beer Brewing Anybody else? (/showthread.php?tid=86712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - Pandora - 02-17-2021

All I’m making is 44, which should be done by 7 Mar, so we’ll before Easter.

The grape cordial I initially attempted grew white mold during the initial fermentation.  Don’t ask me how, I was thoroughly disappointed.

Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 04-21-2021

Here's a nice Irish Red I brewed up not long ago. The lighting makes it look less red than it really is but it's a nice smooth beer.

God Bless and I wish you all well.

[Image: 68ce1f92dec61bc326359a529ff2008f.jpg][Image: d6cb61abc6015a508664f528c7e11937.jpg]

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - Bonaventure - 04-21-2021

Nice radio. Or is that a scanner?

Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 04-21-2021

Thanks it's a Grundig Satellit 750 Radio it does long, medium, and short wave.

I'll scan the waves every once in a while if I'm lucky enough I can pick up ham operators chatting sometimes. It's fun to try and tune in short wave stations too.

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - Marmot - 04-21-2021

I would love to brew beer. I think I'll start when I retire or when the children are big.

Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 05-13-2021

A nice Blue Moon Clone I brewed that just finished up carbonation in the bottle. I got the recipe from a guy that used to brew Blue Moon at Coors Field in Denver for Coors at the Sandlot Brewery.

[Image: 045ac4878e91458531536c5c357ba20d.jpg]

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - CaoimhinPConnell - 05-13-2021

I brewed for many years before the Great American Beer Revolution.  I started off as an extract brewer with Dave Line's classic book "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy." Then the magazine "Zymurgy" was started, and I realized this was going to become "a thing."

Eventually, I graduated to whole grain brewing and because there were no suppliers at the time, I ended up growing my own hops, and culturing my own yeasts.

Then in the late 1980's when Wyeast products hit the market, the sky was the limit and began brewing a wide range of products, including lambics.   I was eventually asked to be the lead brewer at a new craft brewery (a job I -thankfully- turned down).

Life threw me a curve, and I lost most of my equipment and I stopped brewing - never to pick it up again.

Now, I just drink and judge the works of others.

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 05-13-2021

(05-13-2021, 07:11 AM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: I brewed for many years before the Great American Beer Revolution.  I started off as an extract brewer with Dave Line's classic book "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy." Then the magazine "Zymurgy" was started, and I realized this was going to become "a thing."

Eventually, I graduated to whole grain brewing and because there were no suppliers at the time, I ended up growing my own hops, and culturing my own yeasts.

Then in the late 1980's when Wyeast products hit the market, the sky was the limit and began brewing a wide range of products, including lambics.   I was eventually asked to be the lead brewer at a new craft brewery (a job I -thankfully- turned down).

Life threw me a curve, and I lost most of my equipment and I stopped brewing - never to pick it up again.

Now, I just drink and judge the works of others.

Sounds like you had quite the ride and I bet you can brew with the best of them. Zymurgy is a good magazine. I currently subscribe to Brew Your Own and find it helpful and fun to read.

I brew strictly for fun and enjoyment of a nice cold one tweaked to my tastes.

I do like that with brewing you can make it as simple or as complex as you want and still make decent beer.

God Bless.

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - jovan66102 - 05-13-2021

[Image: quote-i-should-like-a-great-lake-of-ale-...-20-42.jpg]
And, an unknown Capuchin of St Fidelis Friary, Victoria, KS, used as a slogan by the Free State Brewing Co. in Lawrence, KS, 'Somehow, things go better with beer'.

Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 07-06-2021

I hope everyone is doing well. I brewed a nice IPA that I enjoyed over July 4th and it came out great. I used cascade and citra hops.

God Bless everybody!

[Image: 4ff8d9793181967c76ea8b7b29cf9ec8.jpg]