FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Beer Brewing Anybody else? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Beer Brewing Anybody else? (/showthread.php?tid=86712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 07-28-2021

My last bottle of oatmeal stout and it's super tasty. I'll be brewing some English bitter ale next an old Boddington's recipe (not what is in the stores now).

God Bless you all!

[Image: 029d75513635f504be8f5eb7b0b3e362.jpg]

Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 09-14-2021

Brewed a pleasing English bitter. This particular bitter is a Boddington's clone. Still needs to clear some but I have to say this is a great session ale. The recipe is supposed to mimic Boddington's when it was being brewed by Strangeway Brewery.

Cheers and God Bless!

[Image: 9575047d14d9afa0f040c5ec50c9e87d.jpg]

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - AnaCarolina1 - 09-14-2021

Heineken, becks and anything made in Holland or Germany is good for me .. With a head.

Now dog fish head IPA has pumpkin beer ewww.

Waiting for Oktoberfest.

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - AnaCarolina1 - 09-14-2021

I wish I could taste it, see the light!

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:36 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: Heineken, becks and anything made in Holland or Germany is good for me .. With a head.

Now dog fish head IPA has pumpkin beer ewww.

Waiting for Oktoberfest.

German brewers are some of the best brewers in the world. I love their kolsches, pilsners, and their marzens. Octoberfest time is a great time of the year.

(09-14-2021, 08:56 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I wish I could taste it, see the light!

It's very well balanced finishing with a slight bitterness on the tongue. I'm sure you would probably enjoy it and it only runs about 3.7% alcohol by volume.

I've found a 1943 version of the recipe that looks really tasty that I might try down the road maybe even better than the one I'm drinking now.

God Bless

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - AnaCarolina1 - 09-15-2021

I'm sure I'd love it!

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - AnaCarolina1 - 09-17-2021

@SeeTheLight,
Does your beer taste like wheat beer?

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 09-18-2021

(09-17-2021, 07:58 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: @SeeTheLight,
Does your beer taste like wheat beer?
The main ingredient in the Boddington's clone is an English 2 row Pale Malt (Maris Otter) and it does not contain wheat. A nice balanced malty flavor (hint of sweetness and some very subtle fruity esters from the yeast used) with some bitterness left on the tongue.

I do like wheat beers though and if you refer to post #26 that beer is 45% wheat as I was attempting to clone blue moon. That beer also has American 2 row malt (from Monte Vista, CO), coriander and sweet orange peel. That brew was very refreshing and style wise is called a Belgian White.

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - AnaCarolina1 - 09-18-2021

Yes but blue moon is made in Colorado. Lol.

Wheat beer is very filling for me. That's why I prefer Becks and Heineken.

Anything from Bavaria is good for me.

St. Paulie Girl was ok, but brewed in Bavarian style, made in USA.

Same with wine--italian only-

RE: Beer Brewing Anybody else? - SeeTheLight - 09-18-2021

(09-18-2021, 10:11 AM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: Yes but blue moon is made in Colorado. Lol.

Wheat beer is very filling for me. That's why I prefer Becks and Heineken.

Anything from Bavaria is good for me.

St. Paulie Girl was ok, but brewed in Bavarian style, made in USA.

Same with wine--italian only-
I've got a fun fact Heineken (149 calories) has more calories per 12oz bottle than Guinness draught (125 Calories).

That is what is so great about beer people have a lot of different tastes and there are many styles to suit.

I do need to visit Ireland at some point and get a pint of Guinness on tap. I hear there is nothing like it.

Most beer I drink is made in the USA because I brew it lol.

I do enjoy beers from Left Hand Brewing out by me though I've never had a bad pint from them.