FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. (/showthread.php?tid=86820)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - LionHippo - 05-14-2020

Pope Francis has made quite clear that it is God's permissive will which allows the multitude of religious beliefs to exist throughout the world.  As such, he has joined with the Higher Committee of Human Fraternity to designate today, May 14, as a day of prayer, fasting, works of mercy, and supplications on behalf of humanity.

A faithful Catholic will heed the Holy Father's request to pray in harmony with our sisters and brothers throughout the world, in this act of solidarity at a time of worldwide distress.  It is not an appropriate time for heavy-handed proselytism or conversion through fear, but rather a time for those outside of the Church to unite in prayer in the way taught and known to them. 

Let us humbly obey the request of Pope Francis, uniting in prayer with the human family, and let our silent and charitable intercessions be brought to the heavens, requesting loving conversion of those, who through no fault of their own, remain outside of Holy Mother Church.

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - austenbosten - 05-14-2020

Nuts!

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - josh987654321 - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 06:23 AM)LionHippo Wrote: Pope Francis has made quite clear that it is God's permissive will which allows the multitude of religious beliefs to exist throughout the world.

.... Only he hasn't, when he got caught he was like yeah yeah, permissive, whatever you say.... then turns around and says the same heresy again and worships the Pachamama Idol.... he must think we are stupid or have poor memories.

(05-14-2020, 06:23 AM)LionHippo Wrote: As such, he has joined with the Higher Committee of Human Fraternity to designate today, May 14, as a day of prayer, fasting, works of mercy, and supplications on behalf of humanity.

'Human Fraternity' lol whatever the heck that is.

(05-14-2020, 06:23 AM)LionHippo Wrote: A faithful Catholic will heed the Holy Father's request to pray in harmony with our sisters and brothers throughout the world

Happy to disappoint.

(05-14-2020, 06:23 AM)LionHippo Wrote: Let us humbly obey the request of Pope Francis

Humbly? lol you mean foolishly and naively join hands with false gods?

(05-14-2020, 06:23 AM)LionHippo Wrote: and let our silent and charitable intercessions be brought to the heavens, requesting loving conversion of those, who through no fault of their own, remain outside of Holy Mother Church.

Haha, so the ones outside of the Church, are going to be praying with us for their own conversion? It's one thing when it comes to other Christians, it's entirely different when it comes to false gods and other religions.

It's like when the Hospital creates a multi faith place of worship because there is a Christian chapel and we don't want to show favoritism.... the multi faith one is 9 times of crazy and nobody ever uses it lol.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - josh987654321 - 05-14-2020

"It is vanity to wish for long life and to care little about a well-spent life. It is vanity to be concerned with the present only and not to make provision for things to come. It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides." - Thomas A Kempis, Imitation of Christ.

In the same way, it is vanity to pray for an end to disease yet care so little about the salvation of souls and sound teaching. It is vanity to pray for an earthly cure but care nothing about eternity. I pray for salvation, and then I pray for earthly things, as a means to an end and not as an end in themselves.

Be assured that while these heretics reign in the Church, more chastisements are sure to come, pray that they turn back to God first and foremost and then that God has pity on us. It's like when they were praying publicly for an end to the Australian bush fires, and the drought, yet how many of them prayed as hard or as publicly for an end to abortion that recently passed... or sodomy? What was of more concern to them, the drought, or the mass murder of the most innocent?

We do not seriously think we can pass such things as sodomy and abortion as nations and expect showers of blessings do we? The hierarchy of the Church do not seriously think they can go along with and remain silent about the worship of the Pachamama Idol and expect showers of blessings do they?

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You

The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - nightshade - 05-14-2020

I will pray today. I will pray an extra prayer for those suffering from idolatry, heresy and schism. I will also pray for the conversion of Pope Francis and our modernist Bishops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - Augustinian - 05-14-2020

A day of prayer? The Catholic life is supposed to be full of prayer. Also, what is this Higher Committee of Human Fraternity?

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - Teresa Agrorum - 05-14-2020

Quote:...what is this Higher Committee of Human Fraternity?

The new religion?

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - Augustinian - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 11:29 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:...what is this Higher Committee of Human Fraternity?

The new religion?
I don't know, but it gives me Mason vibes through the usage of the term "Fraternity".

Either way, I will offer all of my prayers today in union with the Pope for his conversion.

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - Zedta - 05-14-2020

I try to pray everyday and I usually am successful. I pray for the conversion of sinners, among other things, so I guess I'll be praying for Frank too.

RE: The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed. - Blind Horus - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 02:11 PM)Zedta Wrote: I try to pray everyday and I usually am successful. I pray for the conversion of sinners, among other things, so I guess I'll be praying for Frank too.
Pope Francis! What are you thinking?
++++++++++++++
When I was a little kid (pre-school) every night I'd list off all the people I knew, one by one, and ask God to bless them, one by one. Now every morning I have a list of people<i> I knew</i>. 

But you know what, Zedta?

It's blessed to start the day <i>crossing the desert</i>.