FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Anybody have a combat rosary? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Anybody have a combat rosary? (/showthread.php?tid=86940)

Pages: 1 2

Anybody have a combat rosary? - Birdie - 05-31-2020

Either the one from Roman Catholic Gear, or Rugged Rosaries? I’m wondering how they compare, specifically the weight. I’m thinking about getting one, and I really don’t want it to feel cheap and flimsy. Thanks, all.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - Augustinian - 05-31-2020

Roman Catholic Gear is the original, and you're supporting a great parish when you buy from them. I've bought two combat rosaries from them and one from Rugged Rosaries. RCGs has a better feel and weight to it. That said, I have a couple of the paracord rosaries from RR, which are fantastic.

A word of warning: be careful if you get a knot in a pull chain rosary, it can break. This happened to me a while back, and that was why I bought a second combat rosary. That said, I think that had more to do with me being too rough trying to get the knot out than to detract from the quality of the rosary.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - Birdie - 05-31-2020

Thanks for the info!

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - jack89 - 05-31-2020

I've got the WWI Battle Beads from Rugged Rosaries. It's pretty rugged and good quality, weighing in at 1.8 oz (51g). My son gave it to me for Christmas. Always in my pocket when I leave the door.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - Catherine - 05-31-2020

I bought my husband a rosary from Rugged Rosaries, and it lasted him several years. He carried it in his pants pocket daily, until recently he pulled it out of its pouch to find the crucifix had snapped in half. Considering how he's had normal chain and bead rosaries practically disintegrate in his pocket, it held up very well. He liked how it felt in his hands while praying too. I dont know about the Combat Rosaries compare, but the Rugged Rosaries are rather heavy.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - jovan66102 - 05-31-2020

I've got two of the original from Roman Catholic Gear. I bought one myself, and my youngest son gave me the other for a Christmas present. I highly recommend them. They are, without a doubt, the best and sturdiest Rosaries I've ever owned in 50+ years of buying and replacing Rosaries. I'm pretty sure these will not need to be replaced.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - LionHippo - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 07:58 PM)Birdie Wrote: Either the one from Roman Catholic Gear, or Rugged Rosaries? I’m wondering how they compare, specifically the weight. I’m thinking about getting one, and I really don’t want it to feel cheap and flimsy. Thanks, all.

I would highly suggest Rugged Rosaries over Roman Catholic Gear.

I first ordered a Combat Rosary and a couple of prayer books from Roman Catholic Gear (admittedly, this was about 4 years ago), and had to return everything due to poor quality.  The crucifix on the rosary was poor quality, and the St. Benedict medal was printed backwards.  The prayer books looked good on the website, but were just very flimsy and poor quality when I got them.

On the other hand, I have ordered from Rugged Rosaries a few times over the years, and have always been very pleased with their quality and service.  

Just my opinion based on experience of having ordered from both places.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - dahveed - 06-01-2020

I have had a Rugged Rosaries WWI Battle Beads Rosary for three or four years, and keep it in a pouch in my pocket always. It's been pretty sturdy. I plan to by a RCG Combat Rosary later this year.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - Birdie - 06-01-2020

Thanks everyone. I decided on the one from Roman Catholic Gear.

RE: Anybody have a combat rosary? - xsantiagox - 06-03-2020

I have a worn-down plastic rosary but it has never failed me before