FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects (/showthread.php?tid=88932)

In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects - Firoj - 03-19-2021

A new analysis of published studies found a 45% increased risk of congenital heart defects in newborns when women become pregnant via in vitro fertilization (IVF)/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) than through spontaneous conception. The Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology analysis included 8 studies with 25,856 children obtained from IVF techniques and 287,995 children spontaneously conceived and a total of 2289 congenital heart defects.
https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/
Congenital heart defects were found in 1.30% and 0.68% in the IVF/ICSI and spontaneous conception groups, respectively.

"We believe that IVF/ICSI pregnancies present an increased risk of CHDs as a consequence of early placental dysfunction; however this hypothesis should be demonstrated in future studies. We recommend fetal echocardiography in all pregnancies from IVF/ICSI," said lead author Dr. Paolo Cavoretto, of the IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, in Milan, Italy.

RE: In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects - ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 06:01 PM)Firoj Wrote: "We believe that IVF/ICSI pregnancies present an increased risk of CHDs as a consequence of early placental dysfunction; however this hypothesis should be demonstrated in future studies. We recommend fetal echocardiography in all pregnancies from IVF/ICSI," said lead author Dr. Paolo Cavoretto, of the IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, in Milan, Italy.

Or you could just stop concocting children in this abominable manner...

RE: In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects - Jerry Towns - 03-19-2021

When they asked Cardinal Luciano for this comment on the birth of the first test tube baby:

From every side the press is sending its congratulations to the English couple and best wishes to their baby girl. In imitation of God, who desires and loves human life, I too offer my best wishes to the baby girl. As for her parents, I do not have any right to condemn them; subjectively, if they have acted with the right intention and in good faith, they may even obtain great merit before God for what they have decided on and asked the doctors to carry out. Getting down, however, to the act in itself, and good faith aside, the moral problem which is posed is: is extrauterine fertilization in vitro or in a test tube, licit? I do not find any valid reasons to deviate from this norm, by declaring licit the separation of the transmission of life from the marriage act.

Incidentally, some credit this comment with his election to the papacy. I guess that means the Holy Spirit approved.

RE: In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects - ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 08:29 PM)Jerry Towns Wrote: When they asked Cardinal Luciano for this comment on the birth of the first test tube baby:

From every side the press is sending its congratulations to the English couple and best wishes to their baby girl. In imitation of God, who desires and loves human life, I too offer my best wishes to the baby girl. As for her parents, I do not have any right to condemn them; subjectively, if they have acted with the right intention and in good faith, they may even obtain great merit before God for what they have decided on and asked the doctors to carry out. Getting down, however, to the act in itself, and good faith aside, the moral problem which is posed is: is extrauterine fertilization in vitro or in a test tube, licit? I do not find any valid reasons to deviate from this norm, by declaring licit the separation of the transmission of life from the marriage act.

Incidentally, some credit this comment with his election to the papacy.  I guess that means the Holy Spirit approved.

Negative.  That conclusion doesn't follow.

RE: In Vitro Fertilization Linked With Increased Risk Of Congenital Heart Defects - Jerry Towns - 03-19-2021

Of course it doesn't. I just say these things to get a rise out of you.

(03-19-2021, 10:28 PM)Jerry Towns Wrote: Of course it doesn't.  I just say these things to get a rise out of you.

When your performances don't take the form of lousy poetry, people might think you're serious.

oh that hurts

why should I care if people think I'm serious
do you think I'm doing this for your approval or interest?
it's like I tell the wife
if you let people out in traffic for the wave
then you've done it for the wrong reason
the wife
no, i do it for the wave, you better wave to me