FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Naming Our Guardian Angels - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Naming Our Guardian Angels (/showthread.php?tid=89176)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - Evangelium - 04-15-2021

Rose of Sharon is a shrub.  Maybe that's how he confused the name.

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - Augustinian - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 04:13 PM)Evangelium Wrote:
SacraCor714 Wrote:For better or for worse, the name stuck, and I did not have any other name revealed to me in prayer, so I started calling my angel Michael out of habit, and still do. Is this wrong? Should I stop?

I think you should stop.  It might be getting on his nerves.

Ha! Joke's on you! Immaterial beings don't have nerves!

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - jovan66102 - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 06:28 PM)Evangelium Wrote: Rose of Sharon is a shrub.  Maybe that's how he confused the name.

I know, but that doesn't explain Frank, or the many other people he 'misnamed'.

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - AnaCarolina1 - 04-15-2021

No you should not name them. They have authority over you. You can thank Our dear Angels by calling them that. Dear Angel.

A Dominican Sister told me that in elementary school.

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - JacafamalaRedux - 04-16-2021

Quote:When I was a teenager, I went on a charismatic Catholic retreat (I know, I know--but it was fruitful, and the people there were good, holy folks even if they were a little odd). During the retreat, they encouraged us to ask our guardian angels to reveal their names to us so we could have a more intimate relationship with them. I prayed about it and the name "Michael" kept coming into my head. Now, I know there is already a very powerful angel named Michael, and I know that that particular angel is definitely NOT my personal guardian angel, so it made me wonder if I was just pulling names out of my arse or if there could be multiple angels named Michael. For better or for worse, the name stuck, and I did not have any other name revealed to me in prayer, so I started calling my angel Michael out of habit, and still do. Is this wrong? Should I stop?

This could be wrong, but I heard somewhere from someone that when (if?) we get to heaven, God will have a new name for each of us and it will be completely unique; no one else will share that name with us. Does anyone know if that's really true?

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - Marmot - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 05:53 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: This could be wrong, but I heard somewhere from someone that when (if?) we get to heaven, God will have a new name for each of us and it will be completely unique; no one else will share that name with us. Does anyone know if that's really true?
Imagine how long the name would have to be!

I think I read (sermon by St. Francis de Sales) that everybody in Heaven will have the name of Jesus.

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - Augustinian - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 07:25 AM)Marmot Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 05:53 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: This could be wrong, but I heard somewhere from someone that when (if?) we get to heaven, God will have a new name for each of us and it will be completely unique; no one else will share that name with us. Does anyone know if that's really true?
Imagine how long the name would have to be!

I think I read (sermon by St. Francis de Sales) that everybody in Heaven will have the name of Jesus.

It makes sense, given that we are all one in Christ.

RE: Naming Our Guardian Angels - Marmot - 04-16-2021

I found it.

Quote:All the ancient Fathers agree that, notwithstanding His many names and titles, Our Lord has only three which belong to Him essentially. The first is that of Supreme Being, reserved only to Him and applicable to no other [Ex. 3:14-15; Is. 42:8] In this name He knows Himself through Himself. The second is that of Creator, which also can be given only to Him, since no one else but Him is Creator. In this name He knows Himself through Himself, but He also knows Himself through His creatures. The third name is Jesus, which likewise belongs only to Him alone, since no one else can be Saviour [Cf. Acts 4:12]. Beyond this there is the title of Christ [Matt. 1:16], which means High Priest, Anointed One of God. We Christians participate in these last two names [1Ptr. 2:9; Acts 4:12]. In this life we bear the name of Christ, namely Christians, and we are anointed by the Sacraments which we receive. When we are in Heaven, we will bear the name of the Saviour inasmuch as there we will all enjoy complete salvation and be among those saved. Thus in heaven we will be called by Our Lord’s other name. Jesus or Saviour, since we will be saved.