FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Should I Vote? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Secular News, Politics, & Social Issues (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Should I Vote? (/showthread.php?tid=90553)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Should I Vote? - Suggestions - 09-13-2021

Voting is just part of census it seems.

RE: Should I Vote? - Anon777 - 09-13-2021

On an unrelated subject was is the story behind your profile pic Neanderthal Slayer? It seems to me to be black humor but from what IDK.

RE: Should I Vote? - newenglandsun - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 09:16 AM)Anon777 Wrote: On an unrelated subject was is the story behind your profile pic Neanderthal Slayer? It seems to me to be black humor but from what IDK.
That's how the farmer killed Major at the beginning of Animal Farm. He shot right there! Some animals are more equal than others.

RE: Should I Vote? - FultonFan - 09-13-2021

I’m a Canadian, and I voted in-person Friday night.
I voted Conservative.
Am I fond of Erin O’Toole’s policies? Absolutely not.
But, that’s not the issue.
We need to get rid of Trudeau. However, it seems increasingly likely it’s going to be another Liberal minority government.

RE: Should I Vote? - neanderthal-slayer - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 09:16 AM)Anon777 Wrote: On an unrelated subject was is the story behind your profile pic Neanderthal Slayer? It seems to me to be black humor but from what IDK.

Lol I found it in Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living. It's the actual method for slaughtering a pig. I also made it the logo for my band, Plague Deniers, because I like the symbolism.

RE: Should I Vote? - neanderthal-slayer - 09-13-2021

Still getting inadequate responses on this thread. Do you not all recognize that your convictions against these enemies of Christ are completely extinguished by the nullity of the "democratic process"? If you want Trudeau out in exchange for another marginally-less corrupt anti-Catholic liar, why not leave the country, or start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?

RE: Should I Vote? - J Michael - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 08:11 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: Still getting inadequate responses on this thread. Do you not all recognize that your convictions against these enemies of Christ are completely extinguished by the nullity of the "democratic process"? If you want Trudeau out in exchange for another marginally-less corrupt anti-Catholic liar, why not leave the country, or start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?
What do you mean by "inadequate responses"?  What would be an "adequate" response, in your opinion?

It's so easy to say "why not leave the country" without fully appreciating any given individual's resources and situation.  

Are there "moral grounds for political assassination"??  Isn't there a commandment kinda thingy in that Bible book that tells us "Thou shalt not murder" (or "kill", depending on the translation)?  Assassination, by definition, is murder.

RE: Should I Vote? - FultonFan - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 08:11 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: Still getting inadequate responses on this thread. Do you not all recognize that your convictions against these enemies of Christ are completely extinguished by the nullity of the "democratic process"? If you want Trudeau out in exchange for another marginally-less corrupt anti-Catholic liar, why not leave the country, or start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?
I’m not sure I’m understanding you correctly, especially the last part. 

First, where do you propose we all go, exactly?
Second, what do you mean by “political assassination”? I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you don’t mean physically harming someone. Catholic Saints aren’t people that do such things. If your goal is to be a saint, then learn two virtues Christ told us to learn from Him: meekness and humility.

RE: Should I Vote? - jovan66102 - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 08:11 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?

A moral case may be made for tyrannicide, but by no stretch of the imagination does Canada qualify as a tyranny. Who's the tyrant? Trudeau? He's the elected leader of the country, put there by the voters. The Governor General? Appointed by the elected leader of the country.

RE: Should I Vote? - neanderthal-slayer - 09-14-2021

I guess I thought you all would understand the spirit of what I was saying rather than the letter. Of course I'm not advocating for immigration or assassination; my point is that, despite everyone advocating for getting Trudeau out of office, I truly believe an individual vote has virtually zero efficacy. Please tell me why I should believe otherwise, and why you fellow Canadians felt that voting fulfilled any other purpose than perpetuating the democratic framework of politics.