FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Homemakers..do you use a planner - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: About Women (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Homemakers..do you use a planner (/showthread.php?tid=90564)

Homemakers..do you use a planner - AnaCarolina1 - 09-14-2021

I do. For things I want to do that day. Or it will never be done. I make my bed each day and sweep and declutter.

Of course I pick up and straighten, but for things like wash car, and trim bushes, and painting walls

Anything out of ordinary. I like to check boxes.

Now school activities and Dr. Appts have another planner visible to family.

I know flylady has a system. Not fond.

Do you use a planner system?

My best and dearest to my heart is my prayer journal. I may not always post prayers, but I write them down. I do dedicated  decades for all.

RE: Homemakers..do you use a planner - JacafamalaRedux - 09-18-2021

(09-14-2021, 04:51 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I do. For things I want to do that day. Or it will never be done. I make my bed each day and sweep and declutter.

Of course I pick up and straighten, but for things like wash car, and trim bushes, and painting walls

Anything out of ordinary. I like to check boxes.

Now school activities and Dr. Appts have another planner visible to family.

I know flylady has a system. Not fond.

Do you use a planner system?

My best and dearest to my heart is my prayer journal. I may not always post prayers, but I write them down. I do dedicated  decades for all.

I'm a list maker. I like to make a "to do" list, shopping lists, and even a Confession list.

RE: Homemakers..do you use a planner - AnaCarolina1 - 09-22-2021

I printed mine recently, out from Finer Feminity blog. It's a wonderful blog for Catholic Traditional wives. There are of course to do lists, but includes a separate area on each page for prayer, gratitude, and spirituality. Just search the blog and you will find it, it's pretty recent. The pages are free. I love it.

I hope that it's not against rules but founder is fssp and I cannot find a Catholic wives planner in stores.

RE: Homemakers..do you use a planner - CatholicMamato5 - 09-23-2021

I don't use one for chores and housework necessarily.... but I have 2 that I use.  One for homeschool planning and then I have my general planner that I make notes in for appointments and various other things.  Some may be bigger projects around the house or meal planning.  So I guess my answer is yes.  I use two!

RE: Homemakers..do you use a planner - SacraCor714 - 09-24-2021

I have a small whiteboard on my fridge. Every Monday, or throughout the week, if there is something important I need to do, I write it on the board. Then I erase it when I finish it. 

I have a set schedule of housework that I do: vacuum on Monday, change sheets on Tuesday, mop all floors on Wednesday, etc. I have it memorized now so I wake up each day knowing exactly what I need to do. I leave Friday open so if I don't have time to do something during the week, I can do it Friday. 

I do have a planner, but since having two small kids I don't have the time to sit down and write in it, so the fridge whiteboard works much better.

RE: Homemakers..do you use a planner - Margaret-Mary - 09-24-2021

Wouldn’t call mine a planner, but I have “the book.” It starts out as a bullet journal and then quickly devolves into an extremely flexible place to list & prioritize tasks, shopping lists, details of important phone calls, etc. I try to note everything i need to remember in this one book to prevent searching for random pieces of paper. I go back through it at regular intervals to see if anything still needs doing. I also have ONE “in box” where all important papers, mail, documents, bills, etc go. I go through it about weekly and take whatever action is needed, or write it down as a task in “the book.” And there is ONE drawer for “to be filed” papers. I go through it one once or twice a year and find that at least half of it can be discarded. For a calendar I use the one in my phone. The reason we call it “the book” is the job i had when my kids were little provided a very nice yearly planner/address book & EVERYTHING was written in it - kept it near at all times, but if i ever lost track of it, household panic ensued & my kids would scramble to help “find The Book!” That was before smart(stupid)-phone days.