FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Dissolving my blog - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Arts, Literature, Film, TV, Music and Such (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Dissolving my blog (/showthread.php?tid=90791)

Pages: 1 2

Dissolving my blog - newenglandsun - 10-13-2021

I'm tired of being told over and over by people, "your writings are beautiful! your writings are beautiful!" and then people don't even read the damned blog! Either you think the writings there are beautiful, or you don't read it. Literally no one has been reading it. If I share a link on a Facebook page, no one clicks on it. If I share a link on Twitter, few people click it. No one is able to click the links on Instagram and it's a hassle for many to copy-paste. Why bother writing on such holy things when no one is benefiting? Even the people who claim my writings are beautiful, don't even read the damned blog.

I'm done writing. It's either going to end up there being so many people viewing it that writing becomes a work, or that I'm going to be perpetually tricked into thinking my writings have brought benefit to anybody when they haven't. I don't want to do it anymore. It's my choice. It's my decision.

Dissolving my blog - SeeTheLight - 10-13-2021

I just went on your blog looks great with a lot of effort put in. I'm sure somebody somewhere is benefitting. Don't shut it down yet I may pop on and look through some of it today.

RE: Dissolving my blog - Anon777 - 10-13-2021

(10-13-2021, 05:24 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: I'm tired of being told over and over by people, "your writings are beautiful! your writings are beautiful!" and then people don't even read the damned blog! Either you think the writings there are beautiful, or you don't read it. Literally no one has been reading it. If I share a link on a Facebook page, no one clicks on it. If I share a link on Twitter, few people click it. No one is able to click the links on Instagram and it's a hassle for many to copy-paste. Why bother writing on such holy things when no one is benefiting? Even the people who claim my writings are beautiful, don't even read the damned blog.

I'm done writing. It's either going to end up there being so many people viewing it that writing becomes a work, or that I'm going to be perpetually tricked into thinking my writings have brought benefit to anybody when they haven't. I don't want to do it anymore. It's my choice. It's my decision.
i just looked at it as well. It is amazing! Like on St Nicholas, Yes he is better than the beer belly b*stard that the modern world adores.

RE: Dissolving my blog - The Tax Collector - 10-13-2021

(10-13-2021, 05:24 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: I'm tired of being told over and over by people, "your writings are beautiful! your writings are beautiful!" and then people don't even read the damned blog! Either you think the writings there are beautiful, or you don't read it. Literally no one has been reading it. If I share a link on a Facebook page, no one clicks on it. If I share a link on Twitter, few people click it. No one is able to click the links on Instagram and it's a hassle for many to copy-paste. Why bother writing on such holy things when no one is benefiting? Even the people who claim my writings are beautiful, don't even read the damned blog.

Why did you start a blog?  I know some people who start a blog because they are experts in a field and they write their accumulated experiences and insights, some of which have a common thread with current events and daily life.  Other people start one as a means of sharing new life experiences with friends and family, like travellers or students, new mothers, etc.     But no one with a blog has any control over who reads it, nor whether people like the content. Perhaps you shouldn’t approach your blog as what other people see today.  Do it because you want to capture your work, your life experiences, your beliefs for your own edification and for the sake of posterity.  Who can say who will get great value from it in a year or two, or ten, or 50.

RE: Dissolving my blog - newenglandsun - 10-13-2021

It's the same typical feedback. Yet no one seems interested in continuing to follow it, not even friends. It's a very discouraging experience. I'm just discouraged is all. And I'm wondering if it's even worth it.

And IMO, my writing on St. Nicholas is crap. If I do find sufficient encouragement to keep the blog going, I promise I will update that one.

RE: Dissolving my blog - Ambrosiano - 10-13-2021

Thanks for your tip on reading Celtic Spirituality.  I never would have found it without your blog -- to which I just added my email for notifications. 

RE: Dissolving my blog - newenglandsun - 10-16-2021

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I have decided not to dissolve my blog.

RE: Dissolving my blog - jovan66102 - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 04:13 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I have decided not to dissolve my blog.
Would you mind if I shared your post on Justinian's Codex on MY blog, with a link to yours, of course?

RE: Dissolving my blog - ZeroM - 10-16-2021

I was in the hardware store today looking for solvents and there was a bagged jug of muriatic acid, and next to it was a bagged jug of hydrochloric acid, same concentration, same size, but the hydrochloric acid was $14 more expensive. I laughed. Muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid. I laughed again when I realized it was the same product, but just the French side. It was labeled incorrectly. Solvents are funny.

RE: Dissolving my blog - AnaCarolina1 - 10-18-2021

Keep your blog. It's the inspiring to people, my friend.