FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? (/showthread.php?tid=90828)

Pages: 1 2

Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - or3mus - 10-18-2021

If I wanted to do something penitential every day...at least one thing...what are some examples?

I know prayer and fasting are obvious, but I'd love to read about your other practices, devotions and ideas.

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - AnaCarolina1 - 10-18-2021

I pray the rosary and do things I'd rather not and offer it up to God..such as dishes, laundry cleaning or anything I am procrastinating about.

This too is a prayer. Look at Little Flower and Her simple way.

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - or3mus - 10-18-2021

(10-18-2021, 02:37 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I pray the rosary and do things I'd rather not and offer it up to God..such as dishes, laundry cleaning or anything I am procrastinating about.

This too is a prayer. Look at Little Flower and Her simple way.
To be more specific, I am newly in a confraternity that requires you do five specific things every day. Among them are praying the rosary and wearing the scapular, both of which I already practice.

I hadn't really considered offering up procrastinated tasks, but that's a good one. The Little Way indeed :)

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - Gondothlim 2 - 10-18-2021

Smoke less. Seriously, smokers have it wonderful. Anytime you need to offer something up for some one or something you can just stop smoking for a little bit.

(10-18-2021, 04:24 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: Smoke less.  Seriously, smokers have it wonderful.  Anytime you need to offer something up for some one or something you can just stop smoking for a little bit.
Unfortunately, I am not a smoker. 😂 But you raise a good point.

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - choosetowitness - 10-18-2021

Hold the salt. hold dessert.

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - neanderthal-slayer - 10-18-2021

Did you join the confraternity of Our Lady of Fatima? Me too!

I'd second choosetowitness's suggestions. Cold or lukewarm showers are good too.

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - Margaret-Mary - 10-18-2021

Don’t speak when you want to say something.

Give something away that you’d like to keep for yourself. 

Cheerfully do a favor for someone who annoys or takes advantage of you.

Work against a particular bad habit.

RE: Examples of penitential acts to do every day? - choosetowitness - 10-18-2021

Truthfully, go read Imitation of Christ. It's here on FishEaters in pdf form (I think). It's offers amazing ideas, suggestions and tips to increase your holiness.

(10-18-2021, 07:08 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: Did you join the confraternity of Our Lady of Fatima? Me too!

I'd second choosetowitness's suggestions. Cold or lukewarm showers are good too.
I did!