ice cream facst
Awww, party poopers.

I don't have a picture of it but the best icecream I've ever had is coles plum pudding icecream, which is only available at Christmas.
(11-12-2010, 08:04 PM)paragon Wrote: I don't have a picture of it but the best icecream I've ever had is coles plum pudding icecream, which is only available at Christmas.

I've never had plum pudding before, but I just looked it up and it looks kind of dodgy... no clue what it would taste like in ice cream form.

My favourite ice cream is Barney, but like I said, I can't find pictures of it either. It is bright purple and green, like the dinosaur.
:fish:

How dare you!  Plum pudding is the best dessert ever.  The icecream doesn't actually taste all that much like it though, but maaaaaaaan it's good stuff.

What do you have in Canada for the main dessert at Christmas then?
I suppose Christmas desserts in Canada vary depending on region and culture. There are probably Canadians who eat plum pudding, I just don't know of any around here. In my area, halva and pumpkin pie are popular (and fruitcake of course).

My family usually makes walnut kolacky and Bozi Milosti (which is Czech for "God's grace" or something):

[Image: bo%C5%BE%C3%AD-milosti1.jpg]

Wow.  I always assumed plum pudding was as endemic in Christmas celebrations as ham/turkey and so on.  Or do you not have those??

Over here, my family of weirdo atheists always have barbecued seafood at Christmas.  Dunno why.
(11-12-2010, 09:12 PM)paragon Wrote: Wow.  I always assumed plum pudding was as endemic in Christmas celebrations as ham/turkey and so on.  Or do you not have those??

Over here, my family of weirdo atheists always have barbecued seafood at Christmas.  Dunno why.

My [Canadian] family has turkey, vegetables, salad, and all the typical Christmas foods.

A recent dessert interest of mine around Christmastime is mincemeat tarts. They are so good.
(11-12-2010, 09:12 PM)paragon Wrote: Wow.  I always assumed plum pudding was as endemic in Christmas celebrations as ham/turkey and so on.  Or do you not have those??

Oh yes, we have ham and turkey. Goose and duck are popular, too.

Quote:Over here, my family of weirdo atheists always have barbecued seafood at Christmas.  Dunno why.

:laughing:

I thought that seafood at Christmas was kind of a big thing in Australia?

Not Christmas-y, but I think the best Canadian dessert has to be Nanaimo Bars:

[Image: nanaimo-bars-recipe65.jpg]
:
(11-12-2010, 09:22 PM)Vivace Wrote:

Oh yes, we have ham and turkey. Goose and duck are popular, too.

Quote:Over here, my family of weirdo atheists always have barbecued seafood at Christmas.  Dunno why.

:laughing:

I thought that seafood at Christmas was kind of a big thing in Australia?

Yeah, but if I spend the day with Catholics (which I will be this year - yeeehar) there's no seafood, only the usual meats sort of gear.  Then plum pudding at the end.

I love mincemeat tarts too, Pax - they've just started baking them at the place I usually go to for lunch.  :eats:
(11-12-2010, 09:24 PM)Vivace Wrote: Not Christmas-y, but I think the best Canadian dessert has to be Nanaimo Bars:

[Image: nanaimo-bars-recipe65.jpg]

Oh man, those are good.