my encounter with a penticostal
(11-03-2010, 03:36 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Exactly, mamalove.

I was an Evangelical for well nigh 15 years before coverting to Catholicism this year. I came to the conclusion that Protestants were wannabe Catholics. Protestants would claim to "only" believe in the Bible and eschew "human" traditions. But because the Bible is open to interpretation, they're forced to create their own traditions. It comes down to the fact that they refuse to submit to Rome's traditions and wantto create their own. They keep wanting to "reboot" tradition. Lutherans revolted tradition in the 1500's, Pentecostals revolted tradition in the 1900's.

What made me choose Roman Catholicism is that no Protestant can claim apostolic succession. Rome can, and does.
:amen:
Even when I was an atheist I was 100% sure that the Catholic Church was the only Christian church.  When I converted, I had no hesitation.  I didn't even consider any of the arguments; I just knew - it's obvious isn't it?  :shrug:  It's like Joe Bloggs nextdoor claiming to be the Prime Minister - I don't need to consider rational arguments to prove to myself that he isn't.
Thanks Louis!  :)
thats another thing about the bible interperitation...

I brought up the point that prottys cant agree on the basics because everyone wants to be their own master and if they feel the Holy Spirit leading them to a different way of thinking then they can start their own church.  he kept insisting the bible interperets itself, and that we dont need anyone to do it for us, not even ourselves... ???

(11-03-2010, 09:29 PM)mamalove Wrote: thats another thing about the bible interperitation...

I brought up the point that prottys cant agree on the basics because everyone wants to be their own master and if they feel the Holy Spirit leading them to a different way of thinking then they can start their own church.  he kept insisting the bible interperets itself, and that we dont need anyone to do it for us, not even ourselves... ???

They are insane.
(11-03-2010, 09:33 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-03-2010, 09:29 PM)mamalove Wrote: thats another thing about the bible interperitation...

They are insane.

Blinded, I'd say.
When I read the experiences like this I realize how lucky I am to not have to deal with stuff like this, but if I did I would probably just ignore them, walk away, shake my head and sign the Cross.
Ask them why they left Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. If they mutter some nonsense about the Eucharist being a "symbol", ask them why many Jews left Jesus at this "hard saying". Print out stories of Eucharistic miracles to show them how this doctrine is scientifically verified.

As another poster said, pray for them.