Hay Fever: Natural Treatments
(06-12-2012, 10:03 PM)Spooky Wrote: I hate, hate, HATE when I get water up my nose, I dislike swimming for this very reason.

Dogs can be scary when they're aggressive; but I've never heard of dog-induced brain-eating amoeba.

The danger is low, however, the human body has a certain design, that is, the entire respiratory tract when it works cleans itself and is designed to protect us from danger. Allergies are an activation of the effective immune response to a harmless substance (basically, a bomb threat practical joke which is taken seriously).

Putting stuff in our noses, ears, and other orifices is unnecessary unless there is a problem. For the nose, using neti pots and any form of irrigation should be done with caution. It is not something to do casually with any old water in the shower. Again, pharmacies would have the proper equipment and even the solution to use for nasal irrigation. Using the results of thousands of years of false religious thinking about "energy" and cleanliness is reckless at best.

I read though that nasal irrigation is easier and more comfortable if one breathes heavily through the mouth rapidly while doing it.

I would not do this and have never done so...a tiny tablet is much easier to swallow.
(06-12-2012, 08:39 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 08:12 AM)Joamy Wrote: I get a generic dollar store version of saline spray (like Ayr).  That helps.  The mullien tincture really helps the congestion for me. 

I'm content with my herbs, however, I wonder, what is the primary benefit of the saline spray? Does it more than just clean when it is used?
I think that it helps to loosen up what's in my nose.  I don't use it alot -use my herbs more.