Novena for Life
The upcoming Supreme Court vacancy provides us with yet another occasion requiring focused prayer. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops does not support or oppose the confirmation of any presidential nominee. However, given this historic moment, the U.S. bishops are urging all people of good will to pray that a change in the U.S. Supreme Court may move our nation closer to the day when every human being is protected in law and welcomed in life.

From Friday, August 3, 2018 to Friday, September 28, 2018, the weekly Call to Prayer will be adapted as a nine-week Novena for the Legal Protection of Human Life. In addition to the current invitation to fast on Fridays, participants are encouraged to pray one Our FatherHail Mary, and Glory Be for the intention of the novena.

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/t...n-life.cfm

Will you join?
(08-04-2018, 05:03 AM)Poche Wrote: The upcoming Supreme Court vacancy provides us with yet another occasion requiring focused prayer. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops does not support or oppose the confirmation of any presidential nominee. However, given this historic moment, the U.S. bishops are urging all people of good will to pray that a change in the U.S. Supreme Court may move our nation closer to the day when every human being is protected in law and welcomed in life.

From Friday, August 3, 2018 to Friday, September 28, 2018, the weekly Call to Prayer will be adapted as a nine-week Novena for the Legal Protection of Human Life. In addition to the current invitation to fast on Fridays, participants are encouraged to pray one Our FatherHail Mary, and Glory Be for the intention of the novena.

Will you join?

I, for one, will not. at least until the USCCB decides to fully protect ALL LIFE including lives in the womb, lives of the humans that have been abused by the clergy and not just a sadly veiled appeal to save only the lives of a group of people that serve no other purpose for the USCCB than to be political pawns for funding. ALL LIVES MATTER!

Sorry Poche, seeing as you appear to be some sort of mouth piece for the USCCB it's time to send the USCCB the message their gig is up and it is time for them return to Catholicism.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
(08-04-2018, 05:47 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 05:03 AM)Poche Wrote: The upcoming Supreme Court vacancy provides us with yet another occasion requiring focused prayer. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops does not support or oppose the confirmation of any presidential nominee. However, given this historic moment, the U.S. bishops are urging all people of good will to pray that a change in the U.S. Supreme Court may move our nation closer to the day when every human being is protected in law and welcomed in life.

Will you join?

I, for one, will not. at least until the USCCB decides to fully protect ALL LIFE including lives in the womb, lives of the humans that have been abused by the clergy and not just a sadly veiled appeal to save only the lives of a group of people that serve no other purpose for the USCCB than to be political pawns for funding. ALL LIVES MATTER!

Sorry Poche, seeing as you appear to be some sort of mouth piece for the USCCB it's time to send the USCCB the message their gig is up and it is time for them return to Catholicism.

Isn't the legal protection of human life include lives in the womb and lives of everybody?
(08-04-2018, 06:25 AM)Poche Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 05:47 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:

Will you join?

Isn't the legal protection of human life include lives in the womb and lives of everybody?

Of course it does, however this request is fully inconsistent with the USCCB's actions. Here are just a few of many, many articles demonstrating the inconsistency between words and actions by the USCCB.

Where is the Church on Planned Parenthood?
USCCB Lobbies Congress to Fund Agency Funding Planned Parenthood

Do you need to see more articles? Not to mention the next wave of abuse articles that are surfacing....

Enough is enough!
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaptCrunch73's post:
  • jovan66102
(08-04-2018, 05:03 AM)Poche Wrote: Will you join?

I won't join anything sponsored by that nest of vipers, that coven of false shepherds, those craven enablers of evil perverts, until they get their act together and act like Bishops of Christ's Church!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • angeltime, CaptCrunch73, Eric F, SEDLIBERANOSAMALO
I say we do a novena for the end of corruption in the Church. For the end of rampant heresy, homosexuality, and pedophilia.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 3 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, jovan66102, SEDLIBERANOSAMALO
                                            It is not necessary, as a  far more credible group has a rosary novena planned during that time frame https://www.novenaforournation.com/
(08-04-2018, 08:39 AM)Dominicus Wrote: I say we do a novena for the end of corruption in the Church. For the end of rampant heresy, homosexuality, and pedophilia.
Peace.....We are praying and will continue to do so.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
(08-04-2018, 06:52 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

I won't join anything sponsored by that nest of vipers, that coven of false shepherds, those craven enablers of evil perverts, until they get their act together and act like Bishops of Christ's Church!

Couldn't this be the beginning of them going in the right direction?
(08-05-2018, 12:44 AM)Poche Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 06:52 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Couldn't this be the beginning of them going in the right direction?

Dream on, Francis fanboy! Dream on! As a body, the USCCB is corrupt to the core. With your main man making the appointments I don't see anything changing for the better. Just more rotten, corrupt men being appointed, tasked with destroying the Church.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • CaptCrunch73