Milo Turns a Corner
If what is reported is true, and that is a big if, then it is wonderful and excellent news. I remain a healthy sceptic, but a hopeful believer in miracles nontheless.
"O Charles the Great, we beseech you to make that day arrive soon when society, re-established at its foundations, will cease asking liberty and order from the revolutions."
Prayer to Charlemagne the Great (de confirmatione cultus), by Dom Prosper Guéranger
[-] The following 1 user Likes IudicaMe's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-12-2021, 11:19 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 10:30 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: I hope he would be gratified that this many people are concerned about his soul.
Yes but sometimes it can come off like an English perfectionist mother who can never just say "Well Done!" or "I'm proud of you." But always has to bring up where they are lacking or not living up to expectations.

It's nearly impossible to feel grateful if you feel like no matter whatever you do, someone is going to critique you even if they are doing so out of genuine concern.

Interestingly specific.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-12-2021, 11:38 AM)FultonFan Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 11:19 AM)austenbosten Wrote: It's nearly impossible to feel grateful if you feel like no matter whatever you do, someone is going to critique you even if they are doing so out of genuine concern.

Interestingly specific.

If you ever had to deal with English people, you know how cold and harsh they can be.
(03-12-2021, 01:30 PM)austenbosten Wrote: If you ever had to deal with English people, you know how cold and harsh they can be.
My Irish grandmother used to say the same thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MacPasquale's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-12-2021, 03:11 PM)MacPasquale Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 01:30 PM)austenbosten Wrote: If you ever had to deal with English people, you know how cold and harsh they can be.
I’m a Newfie, so I had two grandmothers who had to have at least some Irish ancestry. I can’t say I’ve heard this cranky old English woman analogy before.
From the sounds of things that Princess Markle woman would probably agree.
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • austenbosten, HailGilbert
(03-12-2021, 03:54 PM)FultonFan Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:11 PM)MacPasquale Wrote:
I’m a Newfie, so I had two grandmothers who had to have at least some Irish ancestry. I can’t say I’ve heard this cranky old English woman analogy before.
From the sounds of things that Princess Markle woman would probably agree.

It's not an analogy, if you spend time with the English you can see how they are not the "warm and fuzzy" type. Germans are more warm and inviting than the English.

Markle is a whole 'nother story. Though I'm torn between thinking of Prince Harry as a pathetic simp that clearly didn't see how Wallis Simpson cost Edward VIII his birthright, and that this is another brilliant typical British tactic of distracting people from failures...that is Prince Andrew being in cahoots with Jeffrey Epstein and raping under-age girls.