WRC on Traditional Catholics
<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left>I came across this blog post from our own WhollyRoaminCatholic and thought it was just great.

<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=center>http://whollyroamincatholic.com/2009/01/...olics.html
<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=center> 
<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left>It starts off like this:
Quote:I was on the <FONT color=#7c0000>Catholic Answers forum</FONT> the other day doing some intellectual mortification when I came across the question of <FONT color=#7c0000>defining a "traditional Catholic"</FONT>. The questioner writes: <BLOCKQUOTE>Perhaps this has been covered somewhere else in this forum, but I couldn't find anything that dircetly addressed it. What is the defintion of a "Traditonal Catholic". Does this refer exclusively to practioners of a Latin Mass ,or does it encompass a set of values not believed to expressed in most of todays Catholic Churches?
<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left>It's a very good question that is hard to answer. Broadly speaking, it's a Catholic who goes to the Tridentine Latin Mass-- abbreviated here and elsewhere as the TLM. But it's really more than that, it's a cultural and theological point of view that goes hand-in-hand with the TLM but is not the same as a TLM-goer.
</BLOCKQUOTE>... and ends beautifully, poetically. But you have to go to his blog to read the rest. It's worth it.  I like it so much, I'd love to have his permission to add it to the FE site.

Messages In This Thread
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by VoxClamantis - 02-08-2009, 05:13 AM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by ronyu02 - 02-08-2009, 08:35 AM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by Credo - 02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by SCG - 02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by VoxClamantis - 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by Historian - 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by SCG - 02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
WRC on Traditional Catholics - by ronyu02 - 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM