Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
I think this is utterly ridiculous because we all are going to find out how much we ourselves have been invincibly ignorant in our lives at each of our deaths and what will we have to show for this thread? I hope not merely an argument that there's no such thing as inculpable error, when in fact we ourselves may well be. It makes me think of our Lord's words about how we judge is how we will be judged. I want God to be merciful to me and not even see my objective errors that I sincerely believed were truths. I want all my errors despelled also of course. Think if we are wrong on some particular religious fact and God ignores that error of ours and saves us, how are we going to feel? God is all-knowing and sees our heart, not our inculpable ignorance of the truth. I think Pope Leo XIII encyclical on Liberty would be a good read for all of us, he mentions how the intellect can present an object to the will as good when in fact it is objective evil. This is fallen human nature. We have lost the infused knowledge of truth and goodness, especially on spiritual matters.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by GodFirst - 06-20-2009, 03:21 AM