Was surprised to find a Bishop saying mass today.
(11-12-2009, 10:49 PM)petrelton Wrote:
(11-12-2009, 01:48 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(11-11-2009, 05:58 PM)petrelton Wrote: One so-called modernist passage in the CCC does not make the whole CCC modernist. 

"But the fact that a fault is subtle does not excuse it in the least. Nay. It simply makes it all the more dangerous."--Petrelton on Archbishop LeFebvre.

There seems to be a double standard at work here.
Its only a double standard if I was admitting that the passage was subtly modernist. WHICH I AM NOT. I called it a "so-called" modernist passage for the express reason of disclaiming that I personally held it to be modernist.

So can all you clowns who are giving each other high fives apologise please?

The specific passage doesn't matter if it's modernist or not.    

You say on one hand that an error in the Catechisms doesn't  make the whole CCC modernist.  

But on the other hand, you say faults are inexcusable, subtlety doesn't excuse it,  It becomes more dangerous.  

For you to be consistent, you'd have to admit that IF there is any modernism in the CCC it is all the more dangerous.

This can be born out.  People who know the faith fairly well know that the Dutch Catechism is a trainwreck of modernism.   They might not be able to tell that the CCC is a hash job and they may think it actually is a "sure norm" for knowing the faith.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Was surprised to find a Bishop saying mass today. - by Gerard - 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM