Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson
(12-16-2009, 10:13 AM)BrevisVir55 Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 10:07 AM)AlanF Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 01:48 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: I also feel a little uncomfortable when he posts pictures of expensive three course dinners and wine constantly. I don't particularly think it's appropriate for a priest to dine like that regularly let alone publicize the fact.

He did that in Lent once! There's people trying to fast and he's showing this massive meal to them!

I get bored of his food anyway and I get bored with his birds too so I don't read him anymore.

He is like an 80 year old woman. Spending all of his time cooking and watching birds...odd man.

Maybe if he were married, you'd shut the heck up.

;D

No, Fr. Z seems like a balanced man who has his hobbies. Those who make fun of the birds (which I personally find funny, just so everyone knows - but nonetheless am totally respectful towards him) is a stupid thing. Fr. Z isn't the only traditionally minded Catholic who realizes that Bishop Williamson says some untrue, unhelpful, and ignorant things. There is no Newchurch, and Fr. Z has merely exposed +Williamson's shallow understanding of reality (and therefore an insufficient or superficial comprehension of the truth). His understand is shallow, if I understand him correctly. The efforts of those who would set up this supposed Newchurch are nothing compared to the work of the Holy Spirit working through the elect.

In the end we must answer to God. For now we answer to the Magisterium, and those who speak along with her voice - yesterday's AND today's. Let's not pretend to be the John Calvins of the 21st Century Church, mixing legitimate concern and disagreement in with a skepticism about the powers of Holy Church that is tantamount to rejecting the power of the Holy Spirit.

It is disgusting what I've read here. Disgusting. Insulting a good priest. He's caused a scandal to the Catholic world, but the dumb words of an illicitly consecrated bishop haven't?

+Williamson, who has many virtues and insights (and is interested in sharing his thoughts on poetry, might I add!), needs a humility drip.

And if Fr. Z is guilty of slander, then he should repent. But to date I have not seem evidence of this.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson - by anthony - 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM