Are things getting better or worse in the Church?
(12-26-2009, 08:46 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(12-26-2009, 06:36 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-26-2009, 06:13 AM)Achonry Wrote: I am not sure either ! I am worried that there is more acceptance for traditional Catholic worship (or Conservative) but less interest in traditional Catholic doctrine. I see many priests less condemnatory of the Traditional Mass, but I wonder if it's true liberalism (=couldn't care less) creeping in. In England there are many traditional Masses, but not always an increase in numbers of laity attending.In my Parish we have the Traditional Mass on three Sundays in the month,but the numbers have not increased over the last three years. I have an awful feeling that many priests and even bishops are growing War Weary and are not bothered about what happens in Church. To give an example, recently we had a modern Jesuit offering Mass in our parish and the week before a Bishop. Both agreed to celebrate Eastward facing, (New Rite) without a whimper of a complaint and did it - by today's standards - carefully and reverently. But, I wonder what it all means. These two clerics may just as happily the next day commit all sorts of strange and weird liturgical goings-on ; maybe not. Are we becoming a Comprehensive Church, which since the Motu Proprio, accommodates even traditionalists - High Low and Middle churchmen ? (Bishop Fellay's Zoo Cage Catholicism is apposite)

We have this exact thing in the NO Church I was talking about. If Fr.R Celebrates Mass youll get a sermon on the evils of abortion and how we must follow our conscience according to the light of the Church and a Mass with a Gold Chalice the Roman Canon used incense and parts sung. If Fr P Celebrates you get a sermon on how the Church needs to accept Homosexuals how Obama is the best President he can remember and how the Church is out of touch for not ordaining women and being against the healthcare bill, and at Mass you get Eucharistic Prayer two and that ad libbed so there is no mention of God in the Male sense etc. and glass cups for The sacred Blood.
Then literally the next week Fr. R we'll say how courageous the Bishops are in standing up to our Catholic politicians who support "the evil obamacare bill" It would be laughable if not so sad. There is a low Church for the liberals and a High Church for the conservatives and this all in the same parish. I think best case scenario is that it will go on like this until the older liberals go away.

How old is Fr. R and how old is Fr. P?

Also if Fr. P is using glass to hold the precious blood or changing the words of the Mass you should inform him that this has been specifically condemned by the Vatican. Sometimes a gentle reminder starts them thinking. The document is called Redemptoris Sacramentum....I think...

Fr. R late 30ish Fr.P just celebrated his 72 birthday. So yeah this is part of the problem.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Are things getting better or worse in the Church? - by Baskerville - 12-26-2009, 10:33 PM