Saints: Who do you like and how do you relate?
(12-30-2009, 08:59 PM)littlerose Wrote:
(12-30-2009, 08:39 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: St. Kevin of Glendalough. He was the first saint I ever prayed to besides Our Lady when I converted. I identify with him. Enjoys nature, prayer, solitude. But he has a temper as well since he threw that poor woman off a ridge there.  ;D
I think he helps me out.

I also like Padre Pio, but who doesn't?

pax

Wow,  never heard of him... sounds like an unusual saint! When did he live?

They say he was born around 498 and lived until 618 A.D.
(12-30-2009, 08:59 PM)littlerose Wrote: I grew up in the Church and I think I was a little overwhelmed with all the saints and devotionals, but Ste Therese was one of the main ones always depicted in our school and when I returned to the Church a few years ago, I found her spiritual guidance and her autobirography "Story of A Soul" to be very helpful. Now I pray primarily to God, also to Mary, and I feel more like I address conversation to Ste Therese, when I am praying the rosary to Our Blessed Mother I address it to Ste Therese at the same time, as if we are all in the room together.

I thoroughly enjoyed her autobiography. I'll pray to her every once in a while. Her father I pray to a little as well. I like the story of his life.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Saints: Who do you like and how do you relate? - by BrevisVir55 - 12-30-2009, 09:05 PM