Our Bronze Serpents must be destroyed.
(01-10-2010, 10:26 PM)Satori Wrote:
(01-10-2010, 10:22 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: and btw if you give gifts at Epiphany, you can buy them at after-Christmas prices.   ;D     

Aha! I'm not the only one who's done this. Just one of the many reasons to make a bigger deal of Epiphany.

exactly!  i actually learned this from my dad, in a way.  when i was a kid, my dad would make a before-the-stores-close run on Christmas Eve to see what he might pick up at a bargain price.  one year when i was about 4, i got a toy typewriter as an extra because of his Christmas Eve run.  he loved getting a deal as much as i loved the little typewriter.  i don't know if they do mark-downs on Christmas Eve anymore but they do the day after Christmas. 

why not buy Epiphany gifts after Christmas?  it won't hurt the retailers; they've already had a good or bad season with all the people who shop early, some of them really, really early.  i don't want to Christmas shop until Christmas.  though i haven't done it in years, i actually like shopping on Christmas Eve because shoppers out that day are focused, they're in a good mood even though it's crunch time, so there's no pushing and shoving or 'i saw that first' -- or so has been my experience. 

why pay full price for next year's Christmas cards and wrapping paper if you can get them on sale this year?  if you have friends who are going to know the cards are 'so last year' and cross you off their list, well. . .  buying gifts for the next year is riskier but you can certainly buy Epiphany gifts after Christmas and cut your expenses for the season.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Our Bronze Serpents must be destroyed. - by Historian - 01-11-2010, 10:07 AM