Errant priests’ secret children to sue church
(04-18-2010, 06:51 AM)glgas Wrote:
(04-18-2010, 12:14 AM)damooster Wrote:
Quote:Cait Finnegan, of the Good Tidings association, an American charity for priests and their lovers, has been contacted by nearly 2,000 women who had relationships with priests. She said one pregnant friend had been told by a bishop to “get rid of the child” — a comment she took to mean she should have an abortion. The woman kept the baby.

That's a significant number.

2000 out of 400,000 in the past 50 years. This is half out of 100 in 50 years. I remember 3 cases among the less than 100 presidential candidates in the past 20 years  Some people are mathematically challenged or abuse such challenge of others.

In the good old times the saying was that feces happens but humans do now chew on faces.

Two thousand may not mean anything to you, but just one priest carrying on an affair is terrible. Think about how many lives that one cheating priest affects by his affair. I love my Church and would never turn my back on the Church, but come on! They're paying them hush money and encouraging them to get abortions?

No sense in comparing our priests to other people either. They're held to a higher standard.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Errant priests’ secret children to sue church - by damooster - 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM