Patriarch Kyrill Says Pope gives Reason to Hope
(07-19-2010, 07:17 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: Ya from my studies Orthodoxy doesn't even know what it thinks. Some will say they don't believe in purgatory, some say do but word it different ; some believe tollhouse doctrine some say its heresy; so there doctrinal chaos there whoch will never be resolved and noone cares. Sad state of affairs. All in the name of not being papist. I'm so glad we have the papacy.
Don't forget the hymn to pope leo before the schism that reeks of papal primacy and the byzantine patriarch saying thomas aquinas was wrong for not believing in the immaculate conception. They must return to the faith. If moscow does,  I do believe in domino theory for this one.

Tiocfaidh ar la

Pax

I've personally had some Orthodox tell me they think the Bishop of Rome is of some importance and shouldnt be regarded as just another Patriarch, but they cannot tell me *what* importance that is.  Truly they are a mess, although certain national Churches are worse than others.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Patriarch Kyrill Says Pope gives Reason to Hope - by Robert De Brus - 07-19-2010, 07:27 PM