What causes people to be insulting on a Catholic forum?
This is just off the top of my head.

On the Fisheaters there are scandal merchants which deal in innuendo and insinuation. They post anything to get the fisheaters riled up. When it is pointed out that what they have posted is without substance, their greek chorus comes to the rescue and repeats in unison what ever scandal is being pushed. If any one disagrees they are liberals, neo-cons, less than Catholic, modernists, heretics, or you name it.

There also earnest people here that want to discuss issues, and yes some that have no training in the faith due to the last forty plus years.There also some here that put there conservatism/republicanism above their Catholicism, as if it were a philosophy or something.This makes for a combustible mix.

It came to head the other day when I got into it with another fisheater here. Quis had to intervene and send us to our corners. I have since drawn back my horns, and apologized. I also have a different perspective than most being a pre-Vatican II Catholic. I spent nearly forty years in the wilderness, away from the Church. Imagine my surprise to see half of what is Catholic in the NO, and the other half in the Trads.

This is coming to it's end, SSPX will take jurisdiction, I predict. This is causing a lot of stress, because it will change their roles from finger pointers to builders. Remember either you are part of the solution or you are the problem. The scandal merchants and the greek chorus whether they are conscious of it or not are here to maintain the split.

tim

Messages In This Thread
Re: What causes people to be insulting on a Catholic forum? - by timoose - 10-06-2010, 08:57 AM