Blood Money: we are NOT doing enough in the face of a holocaust
OK, so it may be past my bedtime, and I am tired, so what I am going to say may be really foolish, but I have often thought a little bit along the same lines as Gregg has here, and I have not been able to come up with satisfactory answers. That is, I think he is right, though I am very open to the fact that I may be on totally slippery ground. But it began by my wondering if the whole "political activist" way really was the most characteristically Christian way for us to solve problems. And I thought of the Roman Empire. There was far far worse than abortion there. How did we stop it? We converted the people to Christianity, and then, they never had to argue over abortion.

Gregg's point about liturgy I think is valid as well, and can be applied to everything that occurs within the Catholic Church. Maybe we need fewer protests out on the street, and more Church groups that are ready to petition their parish priests and their bishops to organize long periods of adoration before Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament to pray for the conversion of of their fellow countrymen. I know that pro-life activists can be depended on to pray. But sometimes I wil get little anti-abortion prayer cards handed to me on my way out of church, given to me by people I do not see in church, and I wonder. What if all the pro-lifers organized more prayer activities, and spent more money opening houses where women in trouble could go and be welcomed and given free room and board for a bit, and given the time and the place to reflect on what they are thinking of doing, and  to be counselled, etc. I don;t know, but I find we have not enough pro-life prayer, and not enough support for women in trouble in the pro-life movement, and also there is this little touch of harshness that can be felt sometimes in pro-life circles. I mean, Magdalene, I have read so many of your posts and you are golden, my dear, golden. if words are all we have on a forum, yours are usually the most large-hearted, and charitable. But even you had to refer to this "so-called" Catholic forum, and it is that tone I mean, and the reason you used that tone is basically because people did not rrespond to your call in this single matter as you wished. But, important as it is, it is a single matter, not the only, nor the most important matter. Anyway, you all do excellent work and I pray for your efforts.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Blood Money: we are NOT doing enough in the face of a holocaust - by Maldon - 10-06-2010, 11:30 PM