Was Jesus perfect in his human deeds?
(11-25-2010, 07:56 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The same Lapide on Matthew 24:34:

Quote:Verily I say, &c. This generation, that is to say, 1. of all men, or this age, which shall last until the end of the world. So S. Jerome. As though Christ had said, “Before the end of the world all these things shall come to pass.”

2. Origen, Hilary, and Chrysostom take generation in a more restricted sense, to mean the generation of believers of Christians, that were now sprung from Christ, to whom Christ was speaking in the person of His Apostles, according to the words in Ps. xxiv. 6, “This is the generation of them that seek the Lord.” As though the Lord had said, “The Christian religion which I have instituted shall not come to an end until Christians, who faithfully serve Me, are rewarded by and crowned in the Day of Judgment.”

This seems like the better explanation to me.  For example, if you look at verse Matt. 16:27 it states, "For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay everyone according to his conduct."

I just don't understand how Haydock could think that this is about the Transfiguration, the Resurrection, Ascension, or the institution of the Church.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Was Jesus perfect in his human deeds? - by Walty - 11-25-2010, 08:54 PM