victorian (australia) abortion laws
(11-10-2010, 10:49 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: How did the pro-life march go and what was the squirmish that has been mentioned? How many marched for life through Melbourne?

Politicians are such a let down. Even Tony Abbot, who everyone paints as some ultra-conservative Catholic, stated on Q&A that while he's against gay marriage he could support civil unions for homosexuals. He's also stated there are no plans to ban abortion, just reduce those occurring. Lesser of two evils I guess.

I can't recall the exact number, but it was way way way more than what the media said. The skirmish was simply the fact of blaspheming pro-abortionists being there for a counter protest, attempting to disrupt our talks (they failed, due to lack of numbers)

Reg civil unions, that's a real shame he said that. As for abortion, I think it's just not possible to ban it in current circumstances with the kind of politicians we have. So he is being realistic in a sense, that all that he could realistically accomplish is a more modest goal.

(11-10-2010, 10:49 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: Joe Hockey, another Catholic high up in the liberal party, says that he's personally against abortion but voted to allow women the "right" to abortion. They're all such hypocrites.
I wouldn't put abbott on the same level as hockey. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: victorian (australia) abortion laws - by Lagrange - 11-10-2010, 11:54 PM